8th Grade Pre-Algebra Mini-school 8A
Communication is Key
Communication is an important aspect of a successful school year. I created "Nance News" for that reason as I believe it is a great way for me to keep you updated on our classroom experiences. As in the past, my plan is to e-mail you my Nance News throughout the school year but I will need you to ensure that the school has your current e-mail address so that I can import those from our iNow system. Anyone who may not have access to a personal e-mail account may see the same information on my teacher webpage throughout the year by accessing Nance News & Notes found under "Class Links:, and then you will click on "Nance News". (http://www.rsm.rcschools.net/teachers/Nancem/Nancem_index.htm)
New School Year 2014-2015
- Registration Materials should be completed, signed and returned to first period teachers in a timely manner to ensure students have access to all resources necessary to begin a successful school year.
- Our school Agenda is now on-line. Please make sure you are familiar with the information provided as it is important for all students and parents. Note: there are some changes from last year. http://www.rsm.rcs.k12.tn.us/
- Rather than sending a copy of my Pre-Algebra expectations home with your child, I will explain the expectations in class on Friday and will post the information on-line for you and your child to view should you ever have any questions.
- Most students find that eighth grade math is a challenge at some point throughout the school year. Students who remain engaged and complete the given tasks consitstently on a daily basis should make significant progress this year. Please stay positive and do your best, "If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed." ~David Viscott
- Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year. You may do this via e-mail, telephone, or simply sending a written note to school with your child.