LVIS Family Newsletter
Friday, September 9, 2022
- Picture Day- 9/13 - Our fall picture day is Tuesday, September 13th. Envelopes have been sent home. However, you can order pictures online. Click on the link here to order photos.
- Spirit Week - To celebrate the homecoming game, we are having Spirit Week from 9/12 - 9/16
Safety Drills and Procedures
- Classroom and exterior doors will be locked during the school day
- Extensive staff safety training
- All adults that enter the building are screened through our Raptor system.
- Multiple safety drills throughout the year
- Weekly exterior door safety audits
On Friday, we had our first lock down drill of the year. Students practiced the procedure in class. Teachers have discussed with students how we respond and where we go for various drills.
We have amazing teachers at LVIS. If you have a question or would like to discuss your child, please feel free to reach out your child's teacher via email. They are happy to meet with you during their conference period.
Also, be on the lookout for a weekly newsletter every Monday from your child's homeroom teacher with important information and dates.
5th Grade - 8:35 - 9:20
4th Grade 9:35 - 10:20
Picture Day is Coming
If you would like to order pictures, you can order online by clicking on the link below.
Spirit Week is this Week!
Let's show our Viking pride this week!
Monday 9/12 - Neon Day
Tuesday 9/13 - Hat Day or Crazy Socks (This is our Picture day - save the hat for after pictures)
Wednesday 9/14 - Hawaiian Day
Thursday 9/15 - Team Day (Wear your favorite team jersey/shirt or team hat)
Friday 9/16 - Blue Out (Wear Viking Colors)
Dismissal Tips and Tricks
Thank you parents for your help with car rider line. Our teachers have been working hard to move the line along in a timely and efficient manner.
Below are some tips to remember in car rider line:
- Have your orange car rider tag visible in the car rider line until your child gets in the car.
- Please do not talk on your cell phone in line. This is considered a school zone and is against the law if not hands free.
- In the morning, have students ready to exit the vehicle as soon as you pull up to the driveway.
Need to add funds to your child's lunch account?
Here is the link to add funds or check your child's account.
Free and Reduced-Price Meals applications
Visitors and Volunteers
We are excited to welcome lunchtime visitors back on campus. Families may signup to have lunch with their child here.
5th Grade - 10:45 - 11:15
4th Grade - 11:20 - 11:50
Who Do I Contact
Nurse - Gina Carmichael at email@example.com
Counselor - Cynthia Gumbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal - Bonnie Sullivan at email@example.com
Room Parents Wanted!
As we return back to normal, we will be welcoming room parents back this year. A room mom or dad’s main task is to facilitate communication between other parents and the teacher. They help with organizing class parties, celebrations, field trips, etc. They will meet with the teacher and schedule some dates on the calendar. If you are interested in being a room parent, please be on the lookout for more information coming from your child’s teacher.
Also, don’t forget to complete the volunteer application. The form is available here.