West Gate School Counseling Lessons
September 28, 2020
West Gate Families,
Please find optional activities for your child (this week) and parent resources for you. If you would like to contact a School Counselor with a concern regarding your child in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Catem@pwcs.edu or Mareshjm@pwcs.edu
Your School Counselors,
Ms. Cate and Mrs. Maresh
Virtual Small Group Permission
School Counselors will be having virtual counseling small groups this year on Mondays and during lunch times on Zoom. If your child is selected to be in a group we will email you with information on dates and times.. If you would like to give permission for your child to participate in a group please fill out the form below:Click here
Virtual Lessons for K, 1st and 2nd grade
This week we will focus on Coping Skills. Watch the video below.
- After watching the video talk to someone at home about it:
- What is one thing you feel like you can’t handle right now? What are some things you could try?
- Listen to Rosita's video and practice belly breathing.
I Can Handle It Read Aloud Story
Sesame Street: Learn to Belly Breathe with Rosita | #CaringForEachOther
Virtual Lessons for 3rd, 4th, 5th grade
This week, we are focusing on Coping Tools.
- Please listen to the book: Ruby Finds a Worry. Think about how they helped make their worries and fears get smaller and disappear.
- Look at the Coping Tools poster and write down 5 coping skills you use.
- Try the GoNoodle activity.
Ruby Finds a Worry by Tom Percival Ruby's Worry (Read Aloud) | Storytime
Contact a School Counselor
If you or your child would like to meet with a counselor over phone or Zoom please fill out a form below (in English or Spanish). If you have other questions you can email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
West Gate School Counselors
Janet Maresh, Counselor for K, 2nd and 4th grades
Mackenzie Cate, Counselor for 1st, 3rd, 5th grades