Degan Elementary Eagle Eye
Avengers: Age of Degan--No Excuses!
You have officially made it to May! I continue to be amazed at how quickly this year has passed, but we have certainly accomplished much to be proud of this school year!
- The majority of our students are beginning to be on grade level for writing stages according to Norma's rubric.
- As a campus, we have grown from 58% Tier I to 68% Tier I and decreased the number of Tier III students from 22% to 15% as of our April assessment.
- As we look at our common assessments, we see our Quintile reports leaning to the right, with only a handful (8 in 2nd and only 1 in each of 1st and Kinder) not meeting the current passing percentage for new Math TEKS as set by STAAR.
- Our number of Tier III Behavior students has dropped from 3.5% of the population to 2%, and that number is 1% if I take out students who are no longer at Degan.
- You have implemented a new structure to ensure more time for students who need it through NEU Saturday. (It is incredible to see how much the students love being here on Saturdays!)
You have accomplished great things and we still have a month to go! I am so proud of your "no excuses" efforts. We are well on our way to moving our students to proficient or advanced in Reading, Writing, and Math! This certainly doesn't happen overnight, but it does happen with all of the people of the learning organization working together systematically and intentionally to do whatever it takes for students! Hopefully, be the end of this week, we can add one more accomplishment with Degan being named the LISD Strategic Design in Action WINNER for 2015-16.
As we begin Teacher Appreciation Week, I am so grateful for each one of you and the selfless efforts you make for our students through the relationships you build and the time you spend in meeting their needs. I recognize the hours you spend planning instruction that is engaging and aligned with the standards. I appreciate your trust in our data-driven systems and how you continue to implement them with fidelity. I appreciate that you are masters of growth mindset who continually strive, not for perfection, but improvement, in your professional practice so that our kids reap the benefits.
Thank you, teachers and staff who "teach". You make a difference every day. You are changing childrens' lives with your efforts and your collaborative effort is changing Lewisville ISD. I know someday, without a doubt, it will also impact public education for all because there is no school that does "best practice" better than you!
Tweet for Your Feet! Week 3
Week at a Glance
May 2nd-Day 1 Teacher Appreciation: You may wear jeans this week. M/T/W with your choice as long as you look professional. Thursday is still College Shirts and Friday is still Degan Spirit Shirts.
May 3rd- Day 2 Teacher Appreciation: EARLY LEAVE! As soon as your kids are gone, you're gone!
May 4th- Day 3 Teacher Appreciation: NO STAFF MEETING! You can leave when the kids are gone on this day, too!
May 5th-Day 4 Teacher Appreciation: PTA is providing lunch.
Think College Thursday (Jeans for those that contributed to Together We Rise)
May 6th-Day 5 Teacher Appreciation: A Gift for Learning and Growth and a Treat to Help You De-Stress
Club Friday 4th/Kinder
Muffins with Mom
2nd 3 Weeks Grading Period Ends
Club Fridy 4th/2nd
Writing Initiative Day
Talent Show Dress Rehearsal
Final SOAR Ceremony
5th Grade Memories Program
Final Day of School
Teacher Work Day