Meadow Brook Magic
Week 6: September 16th-27th
Constitution Day Flag Pole Ceremony
Mustang Monday Message
Last week we enjoyed celebrating Constitution Day as a school by holding a flag ceremony. I was very impressed by the respectful behavior displayed as the flag was brought in and as we sang the National Anthem...our Mustangs are incredible!
I have had a couple of parents mention concern over the number of students they've seen riding bikes in the middle of 1200 West (the new street that was opened west of MB). I would hate to see anyone hurt, so if you will remind students where they can safely ride their bikes home that would be great:).
This is such a great community to be part of and I feel so blessed!
Miss Balli, Principal
* Tuesday, Sept 24th: Orchestra Starts 8:00-8:50 (front doors will open at 7:50 for orchestra students)
* Wednesday, Sept 25th: Bus Evacuation Drills, 5th grade Field Tip to Springville Power Plant
* Friday, Sept 27th: Mustang Stampede 2:50; PTA Membership Drive Paper due
* Sept 30th-Oct 4th: Planning Time will be doing Emergency Drills during class
* Thursday, Oct 3rd: Reflections due
Last Week's Adventures
Congratulations Mrs. Barker!
Principal Mustang Club Winners
PTA Membership Drive
We need you! Become a member. Have a voice. Share ideas. Help our PTA become stronger.
What do members do?
As members, you are able to help plan the budget, plan programs, school events, and volunteer for opportunities within your child's classroom or at school events. Monthly meetings are not mandatory, but this is where you are able to share your ideas, ask the most questions, socialize and meet parents and teachers.
Who can join?
Anyone who has an interest in your child's education; parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, close friends, even high school siblings.
PTA provides support to the school, teachers, and administration which in turn creates a positive and caring atmosphere for the students.
Did you know that research shows that participating in your child's school and showing engagement helps them perform better academically? Come make a difference and join PTA today.
Let's reach gold together. The more members we have the stronger voice we have and the more support we are able to give to our children's school. As an added bonus all members get to enjoy benefits provided by the National PTA (https://www.pta.org/home/About-National-Parent-Teacher-Association/Benefits-of-PTA-Membership/Save-Money-with-Member-Offers)
Join today and get your very own Meadow Brook gold medal on our membership bulletin board. The classroom with the most responses returned by Friday, September 27th will get a Gold Medal Day to spend outside enjoying their very own Olympic games.
There are several ways to join.
1. Watch for the forms coming home.
2. Go to our School Spirit Store at https://meadowbrookelementary.axomo.com/
3. Go to Meadow Brook MemberHub at https://www.memberhub.com/If you are already a member or want to sign up on one of our online options still send the forms back with your kids. Just mark "I Am Already a Paid Member"! The class(es) with the most returned Membership forms will be able to participate in their very own Olympic Games.
CALL FOR ENTRIES — PTA REFLECTIONS CONTEST "LOOK WITHIN"
Join thousands of students nationwide as they reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts.
We'll be hosting a Reflections kickoff event at the school soon. Here is how students can participate:
1. Decide on a category (you can enter more than one!) and brainstorm ideas for this year's theme of "Look Within."
2. Look up the rules for your categories at UtahPTA.org/Reflections
3. Create your original work of art by Oct. 3
4. Take a picture of your student holding their artwork and email it with their name and teacher to: email@example.com by Oct. 3
5. Complete the entry form online at: shorturl.at/KyGP8. If you're entering the 2D, 3D and photography categories, bring your artwork to school by the deadline. All other submissions are digital.