TB or not TB
That is the question
What is TB?
- Tuberculosis (TB) is caused by a type of bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- People at higher risk include those who have really weak immune systems and those who are exposed to the bacteria.
- TB causes cavitation (necrosis of tissue) that expands to other tissues.
How to treat TB
- Primary infection is asymptomatic; secondary includes fatigue, angia, weakness, and coughing which may include blood.
- Some of the more severe complications include lung function damage, bone pain (spine, ribs, and joints), meningitis, kidney and/or liver malfunction, cardiac tamponade, and visual disturbances.
- Treatment for active and latent TB both include the same medications but involve different regimens.
How The Body Reacts To Tuberculosis | MSF |