News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: June 14th
This is our final weekly Smore for the year! What a year it has been. We have so many amazing things to report:
- Our enrollment went well past 200 this year (the first time in MANY years).
- ALL of our fundraisers exceeded their goals.
- We acquired more than $100k in grants for a new play field and additional trees/landscaping.
- We are completing the final phase of our construction project this summer. By the fall, we will have added brand new bathrooms on the first and third floors, an elevator, a new sprinkler/fire alarm/life safety system, and additional classroom and office space.
- Our dual immersion program has yielded outstanding results, based on the data we just received back from the AAPPL testing for grades 1 - 4.
- Family involvement in fundraising and social events is at an all time high!
Thank you to each and every family who has committed their time, talent, and treasure to our school. We love working in partnership with you as we provide a high quality academic program in a diverse, loving, faith-filled environment like no other. We see all of you as family and we hope that is how you see us! Please join us on Friday for the Thank You breakfast for any/all volunteers. It is from 8 - 10 in the auditorium. I hope to see you there. Have a safe and wonderful summer...we will see you in the fall!
- Pre-K Adios Amigos at 10 am, Optional Family Picnic at noon (Titlow Park)
- Used Uniform Sale from 2 - 4 pm
- Kindergarten Graduation at 6 pm (Kindergarten does not return Friday)
- Last Day of School!
- Thank You Pancake Breakfast for all volunteers from 8 - 10 am in the auditorium
- Noon Dismissal (NO EXTENDED CARE)
IMPORTANT INFO from the Bookkeeper!
Report Cards:Families who have outstanding balances will NOT receive report cards until the balances are paid in full. Please contact Kelly at email@example.com for questions.
Enrollment for 2017 - 18:
In order to keep your child's enrollment slot for next year, all balances must be paid by June 16th. Also, for students who are moving, records will not be transferred until balances have been paid.
Tuition/Fees for 2017-18:
Please remember to set up your FACTS account! The first tuition payment is due AUGUST 1st, even though we don't return to school until September. Tuition is paid from Aug - May!!
FACTS School Payment System for 2017/2018
If you are currently using FACTS* for your tuition and/or other school charges and you plan to return for the 2017/2018 school year, you must log-in to the FACTS website and update your account information. You will not be re-enrolled automatically. Use your existing username and password to log-in. You must log into the Facts website and "Set-up a Payment Plan" for the 2017/18 school year. Please use the link listed below.
*Please note that some families have already re-enrolled in FACTS when they completed their on-line enrollment in RENWEB.
FACTS LINK: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4CD0S
I wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation for all of the families that helped the school reach (and exceed) its fundraising goals this year. From Annual Fund, to the Auction/Crab Feed and lastly the Gala. These events would not have been the major success that they were without the help of all of the volunteers. We are blessed to have so many families that give their time, talent, and monetary gifts to our school. As these events continue to grow, it is very exciting to see families coming together to make our school so successful. Through these three fundraising events we raised money to fund: teacher's salaries, staff development and training, curriculum and materials, and our scholarship fund. It has been a pleasure having the opportunity to work with you all. Have a wonderful and safe summer break.
If you haven't signed up already, it is quick and easy. Anytime you shop on Amazon a portion of the sales will be donated back to the school.
1. Go to smile.amazon.com and sign in with your existing Amazon account, or create one.
2. Enter Academia Juan Diego as the charitable organization you wish to support.
Each time you shop on Amazon you need to go to smile.amazon.com for your purchases to count for the school versus just going to Amazon.com.
Stay in touch this summer
We will have a variety of opportunities to get a jump start on your volunteer hours this summer so keep a look out for the school newsletter in your email. Also, if you haven't liked our Facebook page please do. We will also post volunteer opportunities and anything new happening at the school. You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/HolyRosaryTacoma/
Soccer Field Update!
- We will need volunteers to help remove the pieces of asphalt during the week of Aug 7 - 12. I will be sending sign-up information on that in the coming weeks. You will get volunteer hours for as many "able-bodied" volunteers as you send to help us!
- We have gotten bids on purchasing new playground equipment. It is VERY expensive. We are looking to do one play area for the PK/K students and one for grades 1 - 8. This project is quoted at almost $50,000. We will be putting a fundraising campaign together in the next couple of weeks...stay tuned!
- We will be doing a full playfield, a wall of trees along the wall bordering I-5, and some additional planting, as well as the depaving the new play areas, which will be replaced with bark chips.
Pre-K Adios Amigos
Thursday, June 15th, 10am-12pm
504 South 30th Street
Used Uniform Sale
Thursday, June 15th, 2-4pm
504 South 30th Street
Are you starting to outgrow your uniform?
Used uniforms will be on sale on June 15th and at the Back to School BBQ on Aug 27th. Families can donate their outgrown uniforms to the office now and throughout the summer.
Jumpers, skirts, sweaters, sweatshirts will be sold for $10.00.
Shirts, pants, shorts are $3.00.
Thursday, June 15th, 6pm
504 South 30th Street
No School for Kindergarten on Friday, June 16th.