District-wide ENews Notes
December 2, 2021
- Thurs., Dec. 2 - Gr. 4 & 5 Chorus Concert, District Aud., 1:45 & 7 p.m.
- Thurs., Dec. 2 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
- Wed., Dec. 8 - High School Concert Band & Select Choir, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
- Thurs., Dec. 9 - Gr. 6 Band & Chorus, Middle School Jazz Band, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 11 - Community Band Concert, District Aud., 7 p.m.
- Tues., Dec. 14 - Board of Education Meeting, High School, 7 p.m.
- Wed., Dec. 15 - High School Freshman Treble Choir & Wind Ensemble Concert, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
- Thurs., Dec. 16 - Gr. 7 & 8 Band & Chorus & Middle School Treble Choir Concert, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 18 - Brass Choir Caroling, Harry Allen Park, 12 p.m.
- Mon., Dec. 20 - Manor Band Concert, District Aud., 9:30 a.m. & 7 p.m.
- Tues., Dec. 21 - Safety Committee Meeting, TBD, 3:45 p.m.
- Wed., Dec. 22 - High School Jazz Ensemble & Mixed Chorus Concert, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
- Fri., Dec. 24 - Fri., Dec. 31 - Holiday Recess - No School, Cougar Care Available 12/27 - 12/30
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Sports Boosters Winter Apparel
HF-L BIL Basketball Instructional League
Honeoye Falls-Lima to Conduct School Census
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District will once again conduct its resident census to update its information on pre-school and school-aged children in order to plan for changes in student enrollment. Families with children enrolled in grades K-12 at HF-L, families with children enrolled in private and parochial schools, and residents with no children in the District will all receive the census form through the mail and are asked to respond. All information gathered will be used solely by the Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District.
It is important to note that this is a local census and is unrelated to the U.S. Census.
Residents will receive the District census form (which will be printed on pink paper) by mail the week of November 17, 2021, and are asked to reply verifying their information as soon as possible in one of three ways by December 7, 2021:
District website - visit https://www.hflcsd.org/page/census-2021 to fill out the online census verification form and click submit.
Telephone - Call the District Census/Central Registrar's Office to verify your information at (585) 624-7123.
Mail - Indicate and print any corrections and/or updates on the printed form. Sign, affix a stamp, and return the form via postal mail.
For more information, please visit: https://www.hflcsd.org/article/589364
Toys for Tots
As the Holiday Season approaches, please consider helping the STEM Club support The Kade Project in collecting donations of new, unwrapped toys for kids in the area. We all know of families in need, families with illness, job loss, or other issues. Some of these families go without gifts for their children during the holidays. A small toy, doll, LEGO set, or stuffed animal can go a long way to ease the burden on parents who are struggling. Let's support our students as they work to impact their community during a special time of year.
The High School donation box is located in the main entrance vestibule by the Main Office. Donations will be accepted until December 10th. The STEM Club will help transport the boxes from all the HF-L schools to the Community Center after school on December 10th.
A special shout out to Melissa Boldt's classes for always stepping up with donations. Thank you to everyone for your consideration and tremendous, annual support.
Introducing Club Paper
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library Mendon Public Library is open M-Th, 9 am - 8 pm. Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm.
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- For Kids: Tuesday Story Time, 10 am, bring your toddler for stories, songs, and simple crafts.
- For Adults: Alternating Wednesday Night Sit N Stich,
- Alternating Thursday Morning Knit Nook
- Christmas Magic: Family Magic Show with Cris Johnson, Sat 12/11/2021 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
- Girl Scout Game Day: Connect Four/Jenga/Candy Land, Mon 12/27/2021 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Kids Paint Your Own Pottery Event, Tue 12/28/2021 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Teen and Adult Paint Your Own Pottery Event, Tue 12/28/2021 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- MS & HS Crafting Event: Bookends and Binder for the New Year!, Thu 12/30/2021 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM