ARABIC 2 Week 1
أهلاً و سهلاً - Welcome! - Ahlan Wasahlan
Meet the teacher
Meet the coaches
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE
In the first week, we will focus on:
- Make sure to check "The Teacher" info on the bottom of the main screen of the course.
- Canvas Getting Started Unit - navigation You will learn about all the tools needed to be successful in this course
- Messages - If you have any questions use “Messages inbox” button on navigation to contact me.
- Due Date Calendar -Please read it carefully to found out what you need to do daily.
- Please go through every folder in this tab. “Canvas Getting Started Unit & Introductory Module." Please be sure to go through the Canvas Getting Started Unit “ before moving on to the “Introductory Module”. Be sure to go from one folder to the next in sequence. Read all the information provided, and finish all assignments and tasks.
- If you did not have a chance to log in to the course before, please read the previous announcements and the welcome email that I sent. I have not received email responses back from some of you inside BB, so please be sure to respond to my Welcome email using the directions that I gave you in the email.
- Course Modules - Each week, We will learn a new lesson that will hold work for the whole week and where content is divided by days to help you stay on track.
- Pasing Guide Calendar – In order to know when assignments are due, you need to check and have the " Calendar" in your folder each day you work on the course so you can check off all submitted assignments. This will keep you on track and you will NOT fall behind.
- Grades - you can find "My Grades" button on navigation where you will be able to see your grades. Make sure to check it regularly.
- Announcements - I (your teacher) will post announcements daily. Make sure you read announcement the first thing you log in to the course every day.
- Participation and time commitment - It is expected that you log in to this class daily and work on your assignments, discussion forums at least 90 min. daily.
You are required to talk to me (your teacher) live at least once every other week. It will be part of your grade. You can choose which way you want to talk to me:
- Office hours on Tuesdays & Thursday during your class (7:30pm - 9:30pm)
- You can reach me in two ways during my office hours:
- Call me or text me at 3016614824 (make sure to say your name :)
- Contact me on Blackboard Collaborate.
In this class you will also be assigned a language coach who will help you practice your reading and speaking Arabic skills. You will talk with coach twice a week in online classroom called BB collaborate Classroom for 45 min each time at the convenient for your time. You will need a working microphone to participate in conversation lessons twice a week.
What assignments are due by Sunday, Jan 29th?
Academic Integrity Agreement
Getting Started Unit Getting Acquainted Discussion Assignment_Super Hero
- Sign up for your Language coaching session - Spring 2017