The Year of the Hangman
- Creighton is a spoiled English boy that has almost no respect for his mother's rules.
- Sophie is a girl that is practicing the virtues and doesn't like Creighton at the beginning of the book.
The story takes place in the time period after the Revolutionary War, in England and America.
Creighton is torn between the two sides and wants both to win, but he also wishes the war never started in the first place.
- Creighton's uncle wants him to be a spy for the British side and Creighton is forced to. Creighton doesn't want to be a spy because he could be charged with treason, and he hates the Yankees. This is related to the main conflict because Creighton doesn't want to work for any of the sides.
- Creighton wants to go with Gower and Hale, but he has to stay and spy on the printing press and he doesn't want to because he is afraid that the Americans will find out. This is related to the main conflict because he wants to go with the British so that he won't make Franklin disappointed that he betrayed them.
- Creighton has switched loyalties from the British to the Americans. This is related to the main conflict because Creighton finally changed sides.
- Creighton didn't tell Arnold that Gower was his uncle, and Arnold was mad at him for a while. This is related to the main conflict because Gower was influencing Creighton to be a spy, and when he died, Creighton turned fully over to the American side.
- The conflict was resolved by Creighton choosing the Americans over the British.