October 19, 2016 | Volume 3, Issue 2
Staff Pictures in Email
The best way to do this is to set up your Google+ profile and add your picture there.
Follow these instructions to View & Edit your Google+ Profile.
<--The illustrious LCHS librarian and supreme fisherman Paul Sutton.
As many of you know, pushing apps to iPads has been a bit of an ordeal this fall (to say the least) as we moved to a new management system for the district, and brought on new iPads. We would like to apologize for all the delays, and give you a quick update as to where we're at currently with iPad management.
- Most district iPads have now been updated. There are a few remaining devices that need to be updated to iOS 10. Anyone can update a device by going to Settings--General-->Software Update. Please note that iPad 2s, iPad 3s, and original iPad minis cannot be updated to iOS 10--iOS 9.3.5 is the last update they can receive :(.
- Almost all district iPads have been placed into groups, and apps have been pushed to those groups.
- Staff can add free apps to their staff iPad only by signing in with an Apple ID. Paid apps or apps for student iPads should be requested via our 16-17 App Request Form.
- Any missing apps can be requested via our 16-17 App Request Form (this also creates a tech repair).
- Unfortunately, in order to use the Apple Apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie or Garage Band), the apps must be deleted from the iPads, and then requested via the 16-17 App Request Form for us to push out. Otherwise, the device will prompt for an Apple ID if those apps are opened. This is a bug on Apple's side.
Thank you again for your patience, and our apologies again for all the delays as we work through these issues.
- Open Settings on the Chromebook
- Click on About Chrome OS
- Click on Check for and apply updates
Google Chrome Profiles
Tech Repairs--Respond to Questions
In addition, once a tech repair has been closed, the notification email that is sent to you often includes notes on what was done to resolve the issue and may contain information that you need to know. Be sure to read those and respond if necessary. It also contains a feedback survey on our service--please let us know how we're doing!