What bacteria is used in the process of fermenting tea?
Ingredients used: (Kombucha tea)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 bags of black tea, green tea or mix
- 2 cups of store bought Kombucha
- 1 scoby per fermentation jar
- Add the starter tea
- Transfer to jars and add the scoby
- Ferment for 7 - 10 days
- Remove the scoby
- Bottle the finished Kombucha
- Carbonate and refrigerate the Kombucha
Factors the influence the development of the fermentation
- Environments: Soils and climate are two major factors affecting the quality
- Cultural practices: Including tillage, weeding, fertility management, irrigation, etc.
- Tea processing technique