News from the Nest
November 8, 2019
The Week Ahead
Monday 11/11 (Day 1)
-- Sundae Bar
-- KidStuff Payment or Book Due!
-- SchoolStore fundraiser envelope due for prize eligibility
-- Home & School Meeting, 7-8 pm. Library
Tuesday 11/12 (Day 2)
Wednesday 11/13 (Day 3)
Thursday 11/14 (Day 4)
-- Student Council, 8-8:30 am.
Friday 11/15 (Day 1)
-- Reading Olympics, 8-8:30 am.
-- Spirit Assembly, 2 pm.
-- Science Rocks, Grades 3-5, 6:30-8:30 pm.
KidStuff books or payment DUE on MONDAY 11/11!
If you want to keep your book, pay $25, download the app, and score huge savings! We earn 50% profit for our school. Please return the order form and payment OR your unpurchased book BY MONDAY NOVEMBER 11.
Additionally, there are two different online portals this year to help increase the availability of the KidStuff books to family and friends.
To purchase books for Bucks, Montgomery, and Berks counties or to purchase books for family and friends for other counties that you will then hand deliver to them, use the following link: https://www.sapaynow.com/267062
If your family and friends would like to purchase books for other states/counties, they can use the following link and the book will be shipped directly to them: http://www.supportourgroups.com/GN/267062
* Note that this option results in a 40% profit and Option 1 results in a 50% option.
Thanks to everyone for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact Betsy Powlus at email@example.com.
SchoolStore Prize Eligibility Envelopes Due Monday 11/11
The school store fundraiser envelopes will be accepted with a code until Monday, Nov 11th. We appreciate your participation and remember that this fundraiser will be open throughout the year to make purchases through.
Home & School Meeting - Children's Literature Presentation
Join us in the Library at 7 pm for Mrs. Lightstone's presentation and the HSA meeting to follow.
Science Rocks! (Grades 3-5)
Important Things to Know:
- Arrive between 6:15-6:30
- Students should wear an outfit that could get dirty. Students could also bring an old t-shirt to wear as a smock over their clothes.
- Each student must have a parent partner for the evening. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children follow the Vernfield Vision during the event.
- Please eat dinner before arriving at science night. Dinner time is NOT built into the schedule.
We will accept last-minute registrations through the online Science Rocks SignUp until Tuesday, November 12. A separate sign up must be filled out for each child attending. Registration is important to make sure we have enough supplies.
We will need parent volunteers to help during the evening to make sure everything runs smoothly. If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate how you’d like to help us on the online registration form.
We hope your children will be able to join us for Science Rocks!
Applebee's Fundaiser - Thank You!
We also greatly appreciate the teachers and staff who came out on a Saturday morning to serve our families pancakes, sausage, and drinks!
Veterans Day Assembly - Thank You!
Things to know about the SchoolStore Fundraiser
Our goal with this fundraiser is to have people make their usual purchases from stores like Walmart, Target, Old Navy, Children’s Place, Gap, JC Penney, Sears, and the other available merchants through the School Store portal which will earn the HSA a percentage of the purchase at no additional cost to you, your family and friends. This portal will be open through the end of the year so we hope you will consider using it to access your favorite retailers and encourage family and friends to also.
We know that all kids love the prizes but please be aware that donating to the child’s classroom through the Caring for Classrooms Gift card will provide the teacher with an account to purchase supplies through a School Store affiliate. The teachers will not receive cash and they will only be able to use the gift cards through Caring for Classrooms. The HSA will not receive any percentage of those donations. Please consider this when deciding whether to make a donation.
In Case You Missed It...
EMPLOYEE VOLUNTEER INCENTIVE PROGRAMS:
Earn money for Vernfield by volunteering your time! If your employer provides a volunteer incentive program, please get in touch with Julie Gerhart-Rothholz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some employers that offer cash-for-volunteer programs are Merck, Janssen, and Verizon. You may also get additional volunteer time off from work, so be sure to check your employer's volunteer policies!
VERNFIELD'S SHUTTERFLY STOREFRONT - FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY:
Lifetouch and Shutterfly have teamed up to provide fundraising opportunities for schools. Through the Vernfield storefront, shop the extensive Shutterfly collection of photo books, gifts, etc. and for every purchase made, Shutterfly will donate 8% to our HSA.
It’s easy to support us:
Click through to start shopping!
Purchase thoughtful gifts and keepsakes for friends, family and especially yourself. (You can even use applicable Shutterfly discount codes!)
That’s it! For every purchase made, 8% of the proceeds will go toward helping our organization
ATHLETIC SHOE DRIVE:
The HSA has partnered with Got Sneakers for an Athletic Shoe Drive to raise funds and to help keep the shoes out of landfills. New or used sneakers in wearable condition will earn more for us but we will be accepting sneakers and cleats in any condition. Sneakers with rips, holes, separated soles will be recycled. Shoe donations will be accepted until the Thanksgiving break.
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Hovind at email@example.com
ALL VOLUNTEERS need to fill out the Registration and Disclosure Statement EACH YEAR. There are two categories of volunteers:
- Casual Volunteers (less than 10 hours per school year and works in the presence of a teacher/administrator with students).
- Program Volunteers (10 or more hours and may have unsupervised contact with students). This includes field trip chaperones.
Details regarding what forms must be filled out can be found on the SASD Volunteer website. NOTE: PPD skin test for tuberculosis can be done privately or through the school nurse by making an appointment on 10/14, 10/15, or 10/16. Please note, Program Volunteers are required to renew these clearances every 60 months. If you would like to check your clearance status or have any questions, please contact the Vernfield main office, 215-721-0606.
Easy Fundraising Reminders
- Collect and send in Box Tops from products
- Download the Box Tops app and scan receipts for additional Box Tops! (This will be eventually replacing all physical Box Tops)
- Register your ShopRite PricePlus card to earn even more Box Tops for VF: https://www.shopriteformyschool.com/en/Register-my-Card
- Set up your Giant Bonus Card to benefit Vernfield: https://giantfoodstores.com/, ID: 23581
- Buy Amazon products using Amazon Smile to benefit Vernfield: smile.amazon.com
- Sign up for Coca Cola Give https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then scan products and earn money for VF
- Giant Reusable Shopping Bags - bags, located by the check out at the Harleysville Giant, can be purchased for $2.50. Each contains a tag with a code number that will earn Vernfield HSA $1 for each code entered. Go to the MyGMCause.com website within 7 days of your purchase, enter the code located under the scratch off portion of the tag and choose Vernfield HSA as your non-profit (we are located on the third page of the list).
Save the Date!
**Week of 11/18**
-- 2nd Grade Field Trip
-- Rain Forest Animals Assembly, 2 pm.
-- Dress like your Favorite Book Character Spirit Day
**Week of 11/25**
Monday 11/25 - Wednesday 11/27
-- NO SCHOOL: Parent/Teacher Conferences
(please refer to your child's specific conference time)
Thursday 11/28 - Friday 11/29
-- NO SCHOOL: Thanksgiving Holiday
**Week of 12/2**
All Week: Holiday Shoppe (information will be sent home with your child's specific shopping day)
-- Reading Olympics, 8-8:30 am.
-- Town Hall Meeting, 10 am.
West Broad Street Elementary Bag Bingo - WBS will be holding a Bag Bingo fundraiser on Friday, November 15 at St. Maria Goretti in Hatfield. Doors open at 6pm, games start at 7pm. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door. To reserve tickets or if you have questions, contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org, Coleen at email@example.com or Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 FALL SACE EVENING CLASSES - Registration is open for the Fall semester. More than 100 classes, trips and activities for all ages. Join us and bring a friend to try something new this Fall!
BROCHURE | REGISTER