CSD Independent Study with Stride
Friday, September 3, 2021
Monday, September 6, 2021 is Labor Day Holiday! No School!
NEW UPDATES! - Additional Resources & Support for Students & Learning Coaches
Engage Website Communication with Stride
The Stride Learning Solutions Student Community Team (Engage) will be sending out the following announcements with information about additional resources, support, and enrichment learning opportunities for your students. These are optional community events being offered through Stride. So be on the lookout for future announcements on the following topics:
1. Learning Coach Help Sessions and Virtual Field Trips for Students and other helpful sessions - Coming Soon - Look for the announcements in your Learning Coach account.
2. Stride Online Clubs/Summer Camps and Contests:
- Online Clubs/Summer Camps: Geared for Students: K12 online national clubs help connect students from around the country with like interests and passions. There's something for everyone with clubs centered around subjects such as virtual field trips, engineering, Minecraft, DIY Makers sessions, sketching, and more. Teachers from Stride-powered schools lead the clubs, and once you've enrolled in a club. Example: https://www.smore.com/kfeyb-k12-national-clubs
- Online Contests: Geared for Students: Stride Contests happen throughout the year and give students a chance to show off their skills and talents through different contests. Some past contests include the Art Competition, Music Showcase, and poetry and STEM competitions. Example: https://329025.tintpages.com/k12-photo-contest
3. Stride Online Learning Coach University and Coach to Coach Café Sessions Coming Soon!
- Geared for Learning coaches: They are specifically focused to provide excellent resources and support in a range of various topics. The topics and content of the K12 Learning Coach University have been created based on the suggestions and feedback of experienced Learning Coaches. Topics include but are not limited to creating schedules, time management, and preparing for a new way of schooling. Sometimes clubs and contests are mentioned in these sessions. Example: https://www.smore.com/ren1g-k12-learning-coach-support-programs
SUPPORT FROM STRIDE
If you have any questions or concerns about your child's academic program and your role as the Learning Coach, please reach out to your child's Stride teacher(s).
If you have technical questions about Stride's learning platform, such accessing your account, loggin, course materials, etc., please use the following contact information for assistance:
- Engage Strong Start Website (LC-specific resource for getting started, events and resources)
- Includes links to resources that may have been previously shared too.
- Service Station (knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for any user, access to call/chat/submit a ticket for support, contact Academic Support chat)
- K12 Help Desk (expansive knowledgebase of FAQ – geared for full-time virtual families, help articles, system how-tos)
Required Regular Check-in with District Supervising Teachers
In addition to your child’s Stride virtual teacher, your child will have a Cambrian supervising teacher who will conduct regularly scheduled check-ins.
Grade TK-3 Students:
Every Wednesday 8:30-8:45am
Meeting ID: 958 1161 1034
Grade 4-5 Students:
Daily (Monday-Friday) 8:45-9:00am
Meeting ID: 972 6620 3998
Grade 6-8 Students:
Meeting ID: 986 1534 2793
As a requirement of the independent study program, your child will be participating in the Cambrian district’s assessment. Your supervising teacher will send communication regarding the assessment schedule. All district assessments will be administered online.
District Supervising Teachers
Your child has been assigned a District Supervising Teacher. If you have district related questions, please email the following contacts:
TK-2: Emily White, firstname.lastname@example.org
3-5: Kristin Fery, email@example.com
6-8: Chrissy Terwilliger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with IEPs: Christina Sanchez, email@example.com
The Cambrian School District website also has additional information under this ISVSP link, including the steps to check out a Cambrian device if needed.
Returning to In-person Instruction
If you have questions about returning to in-person instruction when you are ready, please contact Linh Nguyen, Assistant Superintendent of Ed Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-558-4916.