A Lesson of Christianity
By Aditi Mukund, Belle Tan, Viki Senthil
An introduction to Christianity
Origins of Christianity.
What do Christians believe? Answering that question is no simple matter. Christianity as a religion encompasses a wide range of denominations and faith groups, and each subscribes to its own set of doctrinal positions.
The following are the basic Christian beliefs central to almost all Christian faiths. They are presented here as the core doctrines of Christianity. A small number of faith groups who consider themselves to be within the framework of Christianity, do not accept some of these beliefs. It should also be understood that slight variances, exceptions, and additions to these doctrines can exist within certain faith groups that fall under the broad umbrella of Christianity.
- There is only one God (Isaiah43:10; 44:6, 8; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:5-6; Galatians 4:8-9).
- God is three in one or a Trinity (Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; John 14:16-17; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Acts 2:32-33, John 10:30,17:11, 21; 1 Peter 1:2).
- God is omniscient or "knows all things" (Acts 15:18; 1 John 3:20).
- God is omnipotent or "all powerful" (Psalm 115:3; Revelation 19:6).
- God is omnipresent or "present everywhere" (Jeremiah 23:23, 24; Psalm 139).
- God is sovereign (Zechariah 9:14; 1 Timothy 6:15-16).
- God is holy (1 Peter 1:15).
- God is just or "righteous" (Psalm 19:9, 116:5, 145:17; Jeremiah 12:1).
- God is love (1 John)
- God is true (Romans 3:4; John 14:6).
- God is spirit (John 4:24).
- God is the creator of everything that exists (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 44:24).
- God is infinite and eternal. He has always been God (Psalm 90:2; Genesis 21:33; Acts 17:24).
- God is immutable. He does not change (James 1:17; Malachi 3:6; Isaiah 46:9-10).
- The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4; 1 Corinthians 2:11-12; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- Jesus Christ is God (John 1:1, 14, 10:30-33, 20:28; Colossians 2:9; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 1:8).
- Jesus became a man (Philippians 2:1-11).
- Jesus is fully God and fully man (Colossians 2:9; 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 4:15; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
- Jesus was sinless (1 Peter 2:22; Hebrews 4:15).
- Jesus is the only way to God.(John 14:6; Matthew 11:27; Luke 10:22).
- Man was created by God in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- All people have sinned (Romans 3:23, 5:12).
- Death came into the world through Adam's sin (Romans 5:12-15).
- Sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2).
- Jesus died for the sins of each and every person in the world (1 John 2:2; 2 Corinthians 5:14; 1 Peter 2:24).
- Jesus' death was a substitutionary sacrifice. He died and paid the price for our sins, so that we might live. (1 Peter 2:24; Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45).
- Jesus resurrected from the dead in physical form (John 2:19-21).
- Salvation is a free gift of God (Romans 4:5, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 John 1:8-10).
- The Bible is the "inspired" or "God-breathed," Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- Those who reject Jesus Christ, after they die, will go to hell forever (Revelation 20:11-15, 21:8).
- Those who accept Jesus Christ, after they die, will live for eternity with Him (John 11:25, 26; 2 Corinthians 5:6).
- Hell is a place of punishment (Matthew 25:41, 46; Revelation 19:20).
- Hell is eternal (Matthew 25:46).
- There will be a rapture of the church (Matthew 24:30-36, 40-41; John 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12).
- Jesus will return to the earth (Acts 1:11).
- Christians will be raised from the dead when Jesus returns (1 Thessalonians 4:14-17).
- There will be a final judgment (Hebrews 9:27; 2 Peter 3:7).
- Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10).
- God will create a new heaven and a new earth (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).
Christianity is Classified as an Universal Religion that is Monotheistic meaning the believe in one god.
There are Three Branches to Christianity. Protestant , Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Look at tree map for Information.
Followers: 3 Billion Of People In The World
Diffusion Of Christianity
distribution of followers
Abraham and Jesus
This is a picture of Abraham looking onto Jesus.
This is Thomas Cranmer who reformed the Christian religion.
One of the reformers of Christianity.
Twelve Pointed Star
Symbolic of how Jesus is a son of God.
Fish which symbols Jesus Christ as a Savior in Greek.
Represents the cross Jesus was crucufied upon