A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of February 12, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Book Fair ALL WEEK!
- Spinal Screenings (Gr 5) ALL WEEK
- TELPAS Writing Samples Window Opens Monday, February 12
- District Math Test (Gr 1-4) on Monday, February 12 or Tuesday, February 13
- WISD Children's Music Festival on Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 pm at Waco High PAC
- District Reading & Writing Test (Gr 1-3) on Tuesday-Thursday
- Upstander's Day on Wednesday, February 14
- 3rd Grade Math Mania on Wednesday, February 14 **Library closed until 10:30 am)
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, February 14 **TRIADS!**
- Family Reading Night on Thursday, February 15 at 5:30-7:00 pm
- Grades due Friday, February 16
- 4th Grade Field Trip on Friday, February 16
- TELPAS Writing Samples Due to Helton on Friday, February 16 at 4:00 pm (Past Tense & Science)
- Destination Imagination on Saturday, February 17
COMING UP! TELPAS Calibrations on 2/21, Cookie Exchange & Pokeno on 2/22
From Your Captain
Triads will meet this week. Make sure you have completed your 2 observations. Each teacher will need to complete an Action Plan based on feedback from your triad.
Make sure you turn in your bubble sheets for district tests to Mrs. Boggess quickly! Do not hold all the class's answer documents for one absent student.
STAAR Review is important, and the workbooks we have purchased are a great resource. However, worksheets of low rigor should be utilized only on an occasional basis. Reading and math stations should focus on activities that allow students to demonstrate their knowledge at the create/justify/apply levels. For example, students could work on creating a game based on the current unit of study (Refer back to PLC with Ms. York).
Please add your student names to the 4th Six Weeks Awards sheet in Google. Make sure you are not repeating names. Names due Friday, February 23. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y_X9OO48at-R_M5eHwxe55ktRzyb8e0AryjgQDCru8c/edit?usp=sharing
Please do a reteach on our school agreements/rules: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, & Be Ready To Learn/Teach. During the Behavior Walkthru last week, none of our students were able to tell the school rules (as well as most adults)! Thank you!
Please email Mrs. Helton if you would like her to lead a morning meeting or speak to your class about our school commitments.
Sign (just type in your name): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EJuf8GD9In4F47pWhH2yNbs7hVGqe4uEH36BXkxb_H4/edit?usp=sharing
"Fall In Love With A Good Book" & Family Reading Night
Family Reading Night will be Thursday, February 15. We will have a corndog meal for all students, and free corndog snack for adults. We will be giving away lots of free books, each grade will host a reading activity, and the book fair will be open late. All teachers are expected to attend and support the night. To see reading plans, view the document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/112Nzb4UK8E4Pzd7SemelqaRyINrbXXxwpvnbmq0eqJM/edit?usp=sharing
Cookie Exchange & Pokeno Social Night!
RSVP Here: https://www.evite.com/event/02C9GXESLAREEIKBAEPIBQQKKUQVPA/activity?gid=016CLFC2GQBZ6E3OAEPIBQV7B76DYA&utm_campaign=view_invitation_bt&utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_source=GUEST_INVITE_EVENT