Francis Howell Education Association
A Message from the President
Members met for a fun social!
Friends from around the district!
Join us! Look for information on our next meeting via our social media accounts.
District Committee Work
- Human Resources Strategic Planning Committee works to provide ongoing communication and to allow input for the critical functions of recruiting, training, and retaining highly qualified and diverse staff. They are meeting 10/20, 11/17, and 12/15
- Finance and Operations was established in an effort to streamline committee assignments, better organize the school board's work, and enable the public to participate more fully in the decision making process. The committee will review fiscal issues, as well as all matters relating to finance and general district operations.
- Negotiations Committee works to negotiate our contracts. They will be meeting November 5, 13, and 14. If you have questions or items for the committee, please contact Paul Twombly
Member Spotlight- Julie Ream
Julie knows how easy it can be to become overwhelmed with the demands of teaching. Her advice to other teachers is to remember to take care of yourself. She encourages everyone to focus on the positive things and to give yourself a break.
When she is not in the classroom, Julie enjoys music, playing tennis, practicing yoga, and spending time with family and friends. Thank you, Julie, for all of your hard work and dedication to the FHSD community!
Children's Division (formerly DFS)
If there is a Hot Line call, you are entitled to legal counsel as a member of FHEA. When you are notified about the meeting, please contact Anita Kuehner (636.578.6528) or Lisa Blaha (314.799.4355) immediately. If you are called to the office and you walk into a meeting where the investigator is present ask two questions:
1. Am I the subject of this investigation? If the answer is no, answer only the questions asked and answer truthfully. If the answer is yes, do not answer any questions and ask for the investigator's business card and tell them that Missouri NEA legal counsel will be calling them to reschedule.
2. Could I be named as the subject? If the answer is yes, do not answer any questions ask for the investigators business card and tell them that Missouri NEA legal counsel will be calling them to reschedule.
Missouri NEA Representative Assembly
The following members will attend on behalf of FHEA:
Anita Kuehner- FHEA President
Paul Twombly- Bryan
Pat Zeitz- Saeger
Donna Malkmus- FHN
Grace Clifford- FHC
Lisa Adams- EC Meadows Parkway
Erin O’Sullivan- Becky- David
Kim Coil- FHN
Susan Niederberger- Barnwell
Angie Wheelehan- Barnwell
Bev Lofton- Barnwell
Francine Hill- Castlio
If you would like to attend a representative assembly in the future, please contact Anita Kuehner. Thank you to the members who are planning to attend on our behalf!
MNEA Gives Back
The most needed foods include pop-top cans of soup, chili, fruit, vegetables, pasta with meat, chicken, and pouches of tuna. Pop-top canned goods are requested for children in transitional housing situations. This ensures they will be able to open and eat the food.
The goal of the food drive is to leave the community in a better place than when we arrived. We have always been generous donors to food drives and surely this year will be no exception! Please plan to donate either food or money. The items can be given to any of our representatives going to the RA or you can contact Anita Kuehner for pick up. Thank you for your donations!
Rock the Socks
They are in search of socks of all sizes and colors, which will be donated to various shelters throughout Missouri. You can give your socks to one of the representatives attending the RA or contact Anita Kuehner for pick up.
Let's knock the socks off of the MNEA with our generosity!
Consumer Driven Health Plan
School Spotlight- Barnwell Middle School!
- Thank you building representatives for all of the work you do!
- Congratulations to Michele Dunaway! She has earned the Master Journalism Educator designation for the third time!
- Shout out to Katie Collier for being awesome!
- Thank you to everyone who spent time working for Prop Y this summer!
- There has been great feedback from the leadership luncheons!
- Thank you Tracy Horn for starting our new twitter account! (@fheafhsd)
- A big shout out to #hashtags and the executive committee learning to use them! #FHEAlove
- Shout out to Bev Lofton for letting students throw sponges at her during the Barnwell fun night!
We would love to include your shout out in future issues of The Advocate. Please send any celebrations and shout outs to your building rep.