March 30th- April 17th
From The Desk Of Your Principal:
Welcome Back, Senator Strong Families!
I hope you had a great Spring Break! For the foreseeable future, we will be entering into a world of digital learning. Yes, that seems pretty scary for families as this has not been the normal structure of public education. While many of our students are comfortable with the digital learning space (Google Classroom & other online experiences), many of our parents and guardians are not. You may be finding yourself confused about the expectations laid out for your child to continue the learning process.
Our school team is committed to supporting you and your child as we navigate this challenging time. To make things easier for you, you will find on the bottom of the newsletter a link for an AMI Remote Learning Instructional guide from all teachers. This process was designed to help you support your child and know exactly the expectation and assignments created to further student learning. We understand that Google Classroom is not something that most parents and guardians have knowledge about or have utilized to support your child.
To create transparency and eliminate confusion, the link provides all of the teachers names, contact information, lesson structure, assignments, due dates and additional links of support. You simply click on the teachers link and you will have access week by week for the next three weeks. This document will be our guide as we progress through the curriculum. Each week you will see the new additions to instructional lessons. We hope this tool helps you in understanding what is expected of your child and provides easy access to email teachers to better support the educational process.
Please know that for students that do not have internet access or are having computer issues, AMI Packets will be available tomorrow through April 3rd. Remember we have minimal staff in a potentially ever-changing work environment so these AMI Packets are hard to come by. We are doing the best we can to meet the needs of ALL students.
We are truly missing our Senators. It has been a joy for me as a leader getting to know our amazing students. Our professional educators have created a RMS YouTube Page to share a few messages. Check it out and please take care of yourself and your family.
RMS AMI YouTube Update Link:
AMI Remote Learning Weekly Instructional Plan for Parents & Guardian
2. Click On Link To Find Assignments
3. Email Teacher With Questions
Virtual Math Tutoring For RMS & RHS: Sign Up!
Beginning March 30, 2020, I will provide an online math tutoring video-conferencing sessions for the students at the Robinson Middle School. To sign up for math tutoring with CBrown, Robinson Math Instructional Coach, complete and submit this request form and join zoom meetings through the "GoogleMeet" Meeting ID in the tutoring schedules. We will send an email confirmation to confirm your meeting date/time. Using the PCSSD Google Meet app, Each student is offered 1 hour of math tutoring per day (if the session is available). To view the tutoring schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PYM7xnUvOm1CQcVEDvV_gnfY6MyASmBYFVwowAPBZ7M/edit?usp=sharing
*By submitting this form, please show up to the meeting on time. PCSSD Google Meet app will be used. "Google Meet" Meeting ID will be sent to the students via email. Please, schedule the tutoring dates/times at least 24 hours in advance.
More From Counseling...
Schedule for the Week of March 30, 2020
Topic: Dealing with Stress
Activities will also be linked on the Counseling Google Classroom pages and will be open for discussion.
Link to all Activities
Monday: Parent Letter
Tuesday: Feelings check poster
Wednesday: Stress Discussion Cards
Thursday: Stress Plan
Friday: Mindful Guided Meditation
Non- Required Additional Support Resources!!!
- Freckle: https://classroom.freckle.com/#/login
- Wonderopolis (A new wonder of the day with read-aloud and translation capabilities):
- Quill (writing resource for K-12): http://quill.org/?referral_code=jennifer-walker-6125787Freckle: https://classroom.freckle.com/#/login
- Mashup Math (collection of math puzzles): https://mashupmath.com/#intro
- San Francisco Unified Math Lessons: http://www.sfusdmath.org/
- Imagine Math Website: https://math.imaginelearning.com/users/sign_in?signed_out=true
- Math Videos for Grades K-12, using Edpuzzle: Click Here!
- Beast Academy: The author behind Beast Academy has made math puzzles on TpT free. You can find more info about the program at https://beastacademy.com/.
- Great Minds: This is a Eureka math resource! They have provided knowledge-on-the-go resources, broken up by grade level, including videos of lessons (starting March 18th). Click here.
- Mystery Science: Click here. Mystery Science put all content for home learning on 1 page.
Social Studies Resources
- Seterra: https://online.seterra.com/en/l/usa
- These resources provide a variety of ways to encourage our students to continue to read and listen to great literature!
- List of Resources with Read-Alouds
- Storyline Online: Listen to celebrities read great literature!
- The Story Seeds Podcast: A podcast with kids and best-selling authors creating stories from a story seed provided by children.
- Elementary Library Resources (these might not be useful off-site, but there are some online games): Click Here!
Need A Chromebook? Come See Us! Come To The Bus Area.
Tuesday, March 31st, 9-10am
21501 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR
If Your Student Needs A Chromebook Or A Charging Unit, Please Stop At RMS On 3/31/2020.
From 9:00AM- 10:00AM. First Come First Served! Thanks!!!