Flaa's Monday Memo
April 16, 2018
WALK UP...NOT OUT
- Please distribute clothespins to students on Monday.
- Reiterate that clothespins are to circulate throughout the week to keep the "kindness" going and to promote the Walk Up on Friday.
- Friday's schedule - We will get you a schedule of events for 2nd period by Tuesday!
POWERFUL TWEETS by @ SteeleThoughts
"You can transform your school’s culture for free. It doesn’t cost anything to focus on the kids. It doesn’t cost anything to collaborate. And it doesn’t cost anything to keep a positive attitude."
"When teachers decide to have a good day, their students often end up having a good day as well."
IF YOU DON'T CURRENTLY FOLLOW @SteeleThoughts YOU REALLY SHOULD START!
A Meaningful Activity to try during 2nd Period!
2018 bell ringer award
Please consider nominating someone for this award. Forms will be by the mailboxes. They are due to Central Administration by April 27th.
Click below for more information on how to nominate.
Nuts & Bolts
- Indian Showcase - We will have pizza and drinks in the teacher's lounge @ 5:30pm.
- Inputing Grades - Grades will be looked at each Friday for updates. If your grades are not updated weekly expect to meet with your appraiser.
- 24 HOURS - This is the maximum amount of time for returning an email or phone call to ANYONE, parents and colleagues. Be responsive, respectful, and resourceful. Remember, we are in the business to serve!
The most important thing to remember is to treat your clients (students and parents) as you would want you or your child to be treated.
GOOGLE KEEP...GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD FOR KIDS!
T-TESS GOALS FOR 2018-2019
- You must provide reflections on this years goals in Part II.
- You must provide two goals (learning and technology) in Part III.
- Goals need to be measurable. Please use the reference below to help you in writing goals for the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have already submitted your goals and you don't feel you have written S.M.A.R.T. goals please go back and revise before Friday, April 13th.
GOAL SETTING MEETINGS WILL BE SCHEDULED SOON.
IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED, PLEASE GET IT DONE NOW!
The due date was Friday, April 6th.
ARE YOUR GOALS S.M.A.R.T.
- What you want to accomplish?
- Who, What, Where, When, Which, Why
- How will you demonstrate and evaluate the extent to which the goal has been met?
- How can you set stretch and challenging goals within your own ability to achieve the desired outcome?
- What is the action-oriented verb?
- How does the goal tie into your key responsibilities?
- How is it aligned to the your objective?
- Is it aligned to best practices and research and/or district/campus/team priorities?
- Does it have a clear end or target date with intermittent benchmarks to guide your goal to a successful and timely completion? Deadlines, Dates, Frequency, Etc.
- Indian Showcase, 6:30-8:00pm (Pizza and drinks @ 5:30)
- McFarland Baby Shower!
- Percussion Concert
- JV, V Baseball vs Gainesville @ SHS, 5:00pm
- V Softball vs Gainesville @ SHS, 5:30pm
- Capturing Kids' Heart Visit, 8:00-12:00
- District Area Track Meet @ Decatur
- JV, V Baseball vs Decatur @ Decatur, 5:00pm
- V Softball vs Decatur @ Decatur, 5:30pm
- Prom @ Texas Motor Speedway - Dinner served @ 6:30pm