Turn your Back to Crack
Fact 1: What is Crack?
- Crack or crack cocaine is a form of cocaine. Crack comes in a rock crystal form that can be heated and inhaled or smoked. It is called 'crack' in reference to the cracking sound it makes when it is heated.
Fact 2: What Other Names are there for Crack?
- Crack is not the only name it's also called different things. These names are called street names. Some of these names are nuggets, hotcakes, ice cubes, french fries, 24/7, badrock, electric kool-aid and many more.
Fact 3: Why is Crack Used?
- People use crack because it is an alliterative for cocaine. It is also used because it produces euphoria, which is a stimulant suppresses appetite, and can be used as a pain reliever.
Fact 4: How is Crack made?
Crack cocaine is made by dissolving powdered cocaine in a mixture of water and baking soda. This mixture is boiled, dried, and broken into rock-like chunks. The original cocaine comes from a paste made from the leaves of the South American coca plant.
Fact 5: Crack Risks.
- ATTENTION crack is highly addictive! Possibly even more than some types of cocaine. Crack users are at risk for some weird effects. Some of these are elevated blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature. Users can also have a lot of coughing, bleeding, shortness of breath and lung trauma. Crack can also cause extreme paranoia, and aggressiveness.
Fact 6: Crack Effects.
- Users typically feel a 'rush' followed by a sense of alertness and well-being. Cocaine increases levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is associated with pleasure and increased movement. The pleasant effects of crack wear off quickly (5-10 minutes), causing users to feel 'down' or depressed, more than before taking the drug. Some users report being unable to duplicate the intensity of the first exposure with subsequent use.
Fact 7: Crack Babys.
- Crack baby is a term to a baby born to a mother who is has used crack during her pregnancy. This could be dangerous to a newborn.
Fact 8: Crack Heads.
- Crack head is a person who is addicted to crack. This is slang and very stereotypical.