The Collegiate Programming and Advisement Department has worked to compile a list of scholarship opportunities that range from elementary to high school. Below are the SEPTEMBER scholarship listings.
Local scholarships are highlighted in blue.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP SPOTLIGHT
Texas Music Educators Association
This scholarship, valued at upwards of $3000, will be awarded to prospective students entering as full-time students in a Texas College or University in the Fall of 2022.
Click here for more information and requirements.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2021
Congressional Nomination to a United States Service Academy by Congresswoman Kay Granger
Recipients of this scholarship must:
- Be at least 17 years old, but not have passed their 23rd birthday
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be unmarried, not pregnant and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
- Must reside within the boundaries of the 12th Congressional District of Texas
- Must meet the medical, physical and academic requirements of the Academy
Contact the district office in Fort Worth for an application, nomination and for more detailed information at 817-338-0909.
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15, 2021
Horatio Alger Texas Scholarship - Ronald C. Waranch Foundation
Fort Worth ISD seniors are encouraged to apply become a recipient of the Horatio Alger Texas Scholarship - Ronald C. Waranch Foundation.
Recipients of this scholarship must:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation
- Have a strong commitment to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided)
- Involvement in co-curricular and community activities
- Demonstrate academic achievement (minimum GPA of 2.0); and
- Be a United State citizen
Visit website for an application: https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/.
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 26, 2021
There are so many free scholarship search engines available to students online you'll get about 7 million results by Googling "scholarship search" that it can be difficult to know which websites to use.
Which sites you choose is up to you, but in case you need some help with your decision-making, below are a few good starting points.
Austin Community College
The Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees, in its service area.
R.B. the Riverbat
UCLA's primary purpose as a public research university is the creation, dissemination, preservation and application of knowledge for the betterment of our global society.
Joe and Josephine Bruin
UCLA Blue and Gold
OUT OF STATE TUITION:
FWISD TO HOST ANNUAL COLLEGE NIGHT ONLINE SEPTEMBER 20
High school students, along with their parents, are invited to attend Fort Worth ISD’s 2021 “College Night” on Monday, September 20, 2021. This year, College Night will be held virtually and you can participate from the comfort of your home using your favorite internet-enabled electronic device.
With hundreds of universities and institutions from around Texas and across the nation constructing “virtual booths” to house YouTube videos, presentations and opportunities for live chats, College Night will provide a wealth of educational opportunities at the click of a button.
This event promises to offer “one-stop shopping” for all things higher education. Students will learn how to navigate college options during the pandemic and beyond.
Student registration is open now! Below are the steps:
- Go to www.fwisd.org/collegenight
- Select the green Virtual College Fair button
- Select Student as Registrant Type
- Fill out all the required general information
- Accept terms and conditions
- Log on to www.fwisd.org/collegenight on September 20
For more information, contact the FWISD Choice and Collegiate Programming Department at 817- 814-1560.
FORT WORTH OBSERVES EDUCATION GO GET IT WEEK
Themed attire days, fun class activities and candid college conversations are just a few of the activities being held as Fort Worth ISD observes Education Go Get It Week.
Celebrated September 13-17, the annual event informs FWISD students about post-secondary education opportunities available to them including college, military and vocational training.
Statewide campaigns for Education Go Get Week are focusing on college applications and financial aid awareness.
Don’t forget to post photos on social media using the hashtags #GoFWISD and tagging @FortWorth_ISD on Twitter and @FortWorthISD on Facebook and Instagram. We’ll share as many photos as we can on our District platforms!