April 6, 2018
Cheerleading Try Outs are still on for tomorrow.
State Testing Update- Plans will be updated based upon when we begin school again.
Oklahoma allows for a window to test for all upcoming state-mandated exams. We will continue to update our testing plan as we know more concerning when we will return back to school. The current testing window is open until the end of April. The following link will take you to the student-parent guide that we sent home earlier in the month. It has practice questions that would be good for students to work through. http://sde.ok.gov/sde/assessment-material
Here are some helpful hints for testing.
- Please have student laptops fully charged for testing. We are testing using the Macbooks this year. All students should plan on bringing their charger with them.
- Cell phones will be stored in the vault this year. If your student would prefer not to store their phones, please do not bring the day of testing. No student is allowed to have a phone during the testing session.
- Please send a snack for your child when they test.
- Please make sure that your child has breakfast or can eat breakfast at school.
- Laptops will stay in classrooms in between testing sessions to help keep them charged for the afternoon session if needed.
- Once we return to school, we will send out the exact dates of testing. We will not test the day we return.
Day 1 Testing: 8th-grade Writing - AM ONLY
Day 2 Testing: 8th-grade reading & 7th-grade reading, 9:00 am
Day 3 Testing: 8th-grade math & 6th-grade reading, 9:00 am
Day 4 Testing: 7th-grade math, 9:00 am
Day 5 Testing: 8th-grade science & 6th-grade math, 9:00 am
Following days for make-ups and small groups
NPS and the SAT exam updates
Please be aware that all lunches will be adjusted for testing. Information will be coming soon.
Testing Proctors Needed!
Pictures for the LMS Booster Club Banquet!
Please provide a snack for your child for testing.
iTech Parent Academy
The Norman Public School District will host an iTech Parent Academy to provide information to parents about the student technology initiative. As we develop the agenda, we would like to hear from parents. Please respond to this brief survey and mark your calendar for Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. We will meet at the Administrative Services Center located at 131 S. Flood.
Order your Yearbook
April 9: Girls Golf Stillwater Tournament
April 9: Softball @ Santa Fe South
April 10: Softball vs CCS (away)
April 10: iTech Parent Academy
April 11: Boys Golf Del City Tournament
April 12: Girls Golf Plainview Tournament
April 12: Track & Field Yellow Jacket Invitational
April 16: Softball vs Harrah & Irving (Home)
April 19: Softball v Southmoore (Home)
April 20: Tennis v Norman
April 21: Tennis v Heritage Hall
April 21: Track & Field Norman/ Moore Conference Meet
April 24: Softball vs Irving (Home)
April 26: Softball vs Alcott (Home)
May 1: Sports Banquet @ Longfellow MS
May 3: Spring Orientation for incoming 6th Graders, Longfellow MS @ 6:30 pm
May 8: Senior Receptions @ LMS *Tentative
May 10: Band Concert @ LMS
May 15: Choir Concert @ LMS
May 17: Orchestra Concert @ LMS
*Please check the Longfellow Middle School calendar for updates. http://www.norman.k12.ok.us/middle-school-longfellow/calendar