The Royal Rhino Register
Week of August 9, 2021
Greetings Royal Rhino Family,
We are so excited to be back in the building full-time in the Fall. As of now, there will be no virtual options except for those scholars who have already been accepted into FAVE, Fulton's virtual school.
Quick Tips for Success:
1. Please be sure to register for Class Dojo. It is the quickest way to communicate with your child’s teacher.
2. Don’t forget to register for Infinite Campus. This will enable you to monitor your child’s assignments, grades, progress reports and report cards.
3. All parents and students are asked to review the Code of Conduct posted in the Parent Portal. Once you have read and reviewed the code of conduct, please sign the acknowledgement form in the Parent Portal.
Fairburn, Georgia is one of many cities that have reported 100 COVID case per 100,000 people. This number continues to rise. Therefore, all students, teachers, staff and administrators MUST wear a mask. Additionally, parents will not be able to walk their children to class. Students MUST be dropped off at the car pool lane or bus lane.
Arrival and Dismissal
1. Arrival time is 7:10 am. Students are not allowed to enter the building before that time.
2. Any student arriving after 7:40 am is late. Be sure to have your student arrive before that time.
3. Breakfast is served between 7:10-7:40.
4. Bus, van & car pool dismissal begins at 2:10 pm. Be sure your child’s teacher knows his/her car pool number, bus number or afterschool van/program.
5. Car pool riders must all have a car pool tag. These tags should be placed on the passenger side of the tag are distributed by the front office. Tags will be distributed by front office personnel.
6. Bus riders in grades Pre-K-1st must have a parent meet them at the bus stop.
We appreciate your patience as we transition from a virtual to face to face school day. Our belief is that all students can become global citizens. We are committed in making sure every child experiences success.
First Days of School: Walking Students to Class
As we transition back into the building, gentle reminder, we highly encourage all scholars to wear school uniforms. Our colors are Red, Black and White. Scholars may wear Red or white tops with Khaki or Black bottoms. I know there is a lot of controversy around uniform wearing. However, what we have experienced is less bullying, a blending of friend groups, and less school disruptions due to dress code. If you chose not to participate in our uniform dress please be sure to adhere to all district and school-wide expectations related to dress code.
Calling all Kindergarten Scholars!
If you have questions about registration please contact us at 470-254-4320 and ask for Ms. Reed or Ms. Corbit. Each one of them are waiting and willing to assist you with registration.
Dr. Sandra C. DeShazier
I am Dr. Sandra C. DeShazier, Interim Principal. As a former teacher and principal of Bear Creek Middle School and Renaissance Middle School, I have thirty-five years of experience. I also had the pleasure of opening Renaissance Elementary School in 2006. It is indeed an honor to return to RES during Dr. Rose’s maternity leave. Rest assured I am working alongside a dynamic group of teachers and staff. Our mission is to cultivate and empower all students to achieve their full potential and adapt to a changing world.
It Takes a Village
Dr. Sandra C. DeShazier