Geeks and Greeks!
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
The sorority for engineers, architects, scientists, and mathematicians!
The Iota Colony welcomes newcomers to the pride by revealing Big Sisters!
Some of our amazing graduates from the Alpha Chapter celebrate their accomplishments!
Our Zeta Chapter completes a day of service in their community!
What is Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies?
We know that there are certain things with which only women pursuing STEM degrees can relate, such as being one of a handful of women in a class filled with men or dreaming in math, chemical equations, floor plans, and technical jargon. Alpha Sigma Kappa gives is a community of women who understand your experiences in passing a STEM degree and are excited to share your same "nerdy" passions and interests.
Who are our Sisters?
But we believe "once a Sister, always a Sister." Our Sisters remain Members for life, even after leaving school. Our Alumnae Members serve as volunteers to our local and national organizations, serve as personal and professional mentors for other Sisters, and remain dear friends.
Although each of our individual Chapters and Members has their own personality, there are some traits that all of our Sisters share. We are hardworking. We are driven. We are quirky. We are fun. We are passionate about our work. But, we are also passionate about seeing our Sisters succeed.
Some of us came to the college knowing we wanted to find our perfect fit within the Greek system; and some of us never thought we'd be the sorority type. However we got here, we have found our fit, our family, our Pride.
What do our Chapters do?
In a normal academic term, our Chapters will take part in:
- Weekly meetings
- Study nights
- Informal and laid-back recruitment events
- Potlucks and picnics
- Movie and craft nights
- A volunteering or philanthropy event
- STEM mentoring programs within community
- Founders' Day or other formal celebrations
- Sisterhood retreats
- And so much more!
Where are our current Chapters and Colonies?
Want to join, but we're not at your school?
The first step in the process is to drop a line to our National Director of Expansion (NDoE), at email@example.com or the phone number listed in the contact section. She will be happy to answer any of your questions about expansion and Alpha Sigma Kappa.
But you may ask yourself:
What does expansion even mean?
Expansion is the process of going from where you are right now, just being introduced to Alpha Sigma Kappa and being intrigued, to being a full Member at an Active Chapter.
Ok, sure. So what does that entail?
Your group will work with the NDoE, your own Expansion Representative, and the Student Life office on your campus to learn the ins-and-outs of running a Chapter, establish yourselves on campus by getting involved, and build your future Chapter's traditions.
Wow, that sounds like a lot to do...
Sure, it can be... but it's worth the effort you put into it! And you won't be alone on your journey. Your Expansion Representative and the NDoE will be with you for the entire process, and even after you become an Active Chapter, to make sure you succeed. We've got your back!
I'm not sure, where can I get some more information?
- An easy go-to place is our National website. This is a great place to read up on our National organization, our history, and our beliefs. If you want to see what our individual Chapters are up to, you should be able to find them there too.
- If you know a Member of Alpha Sigma Kappa, she will be a wealth of information for you!
- In case we haven't said this before: reach out to the NDoE! She'd love to meet you and answer any of your questions! You can also fill out the form below!
- Watch the video below, in which one of the Founding Member of the Theta Chapter talks about her experiences with Alpha Sigma Kappa. We think she's great <3