What is Pre-Kindergarten?
Pre-Kindergarten programming provides a rigorous academic curriculum with an emphasis on preparing students for Kindergarten. Four-year-olds will receive instruction in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, Art, and more! They will also experience a variety of opportunities meant to support social development, including peer and adult interaction. Students must be 4 by August 31, 2023.
Where are Pre-Kindergarten Programs located?
There are many options for Pre-Kindergarten during the 2022-2023 school year. They are:
- Conley Elementary
- CTA Freedom Elementary
- CTA Liberty Elementary
- Haley Elementary
- Hancock Elementary
- Knox Gifted Academy
- Riggs Elementary
- Santan Elementary
- Shumway Leadership Academy
- Tarwater Elementary
New Pre-K option for the 2023-2024 school year:
What do I need to know?
- Daily meal and snacks included
- Days and hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Students MUST be toilet trained*
*Pull-ups are not permitted. To be considered potty-trained, a child must be able to do ALL of the following:
-Tell an adult they have to go potty BEFORE they have to go (They must be able to say the words "I have to go potty.")
-Can INDEPENDENTLY pull down their underwear and pants and pull them back up when done
-Can INDEPENDENTLY clean their bottoms after using the toilet
-Get off the toilet by themselves
-Wash and dry their hands
-Postpone going if they must wait for someone who is in the bathroom or if outside and away from the classroom
Our preschool programs are licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, 150 N. 18th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007, 602-364-2539. Inspection reports are available at each preschool site.
Extended Care Options Available:
Extended Care is offered for our Community Pre-K programs at Conley Elementary, CTA Freedom, CTA Liberty, Haley Elementary, Hancock Elementary, Knox Gifted Academy, Riggs Elementary, Santan Elementary, Shumway Leadership Academy, Tarwater Elementary and Weinberg Gifted Academy. The Extended Care Option includes extra care before and after the regular school day from 7:00-8:00am and from school dismissal to 5:30pm.
COST for 2022-2023 school year:
- Without extended care: $717 per month
- With extended care: $914 per month
- Prices are subject to change
- Classes taught by certified Early Childhood Education teachers
- Developmentally appropriate academic curriculum to strengthen literacy, STEM, social-emotional, communication, and physical skills
How do I get more information or help?
Visit or contact CUSD Community Education at:
- Location: 1525 W. Frye Rd. Chandler, AZ 85224
Registration computers and personal assistance is available at the main office.
Phone: (480) 224-3900
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.CUSDcommunity.com
How can I sign up?
- All registration is completed online at the link below.
- A $75 fee is due at the time of registration.
- The first month's tuition fee is billed on August 1.
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE
- Click here to visit CUSD Community Education's Elyeo to set up your account and pay the registration fee on Elyeo.com to secure a space in the program of your choice for your child.
STEP 2: WAIT
- Now it's our turn! Once your contract has been approved, you will receive an email confirmation from us. Please wait patiently.
STEP 3: YOU'VE GOT MAIL
- Once you have received an email confirmation from us, you can move onto the next step of registration.
STEP 4: CREATE AN INFINITE CAMPUS ACCOUNT
Create an Infinite Campus account and provide the following:
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
If you already have an Infinite Campus account, you can:
- Add Another Child - for current parents with a child attending a CUSD school and you need to add a new child (Once logged into the parent portal account, click on "more" on the left-hand side and then click "Online Registration and Annual Update.")
- Returning Parent - for parents who previously had a child enrolled in CUSD and need to re-enroll and update their account (Once logged into the parent portal account, click on "more" on the left-hand side and then click "Online Registration and Annual Update.")
STEP 5: CONTACT OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD REGISTRAR
- Contact our Early Childhood Registrar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your application number from Infinite Campus.
STEP 6: START SCHOOL WITH US!
- For information on meet-the-teacher dates, contact your school site directly.
- First day of school: July 19, 2023
- Conley Elementary at 500 S. Arrowhead Drive, Chandler, AZ 85224.
- CTA Freedom Elementary at 6040 S. Joslyn Lane, Gilbert, AZ 85298.
- CTA Liberty Elementary at 550 N. Emmett Dr. Chandler, AZ 85225.
- Haley Elementary at 3401 S. Layton Lakes Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85286.
- Hancock Elementary at 2425 S. Pleasant Drive, Chandler, AZ 85286.
- Knox Gifted Academy at 700 W. Orchid Lane, Chandler, AZ 85225.
- Riggs Elementary at 6930 S. Seville Blvd W., Gilbert, AZ 85298.
- Santan Elementary at 1550 E. Chandler Hts. Rd., Chandler, AZ 85249.
- Shumway Leadership Academy at 1325 N. Shumway Avenue, Chandler, AZ 85225.
- Tarwater Elementary School at 2300 S. Gardner Drive Chandler, AZ 85286.
- Weinberg Gifted Academy at 5245 S. Val Vista Dr., Gilbert, Arizona 85298.