King Philip Middle School Newsletter
November 16-17, 2019
Term 1 Final Grades - Available on Monday, November 18 at 2:15 PM
Please be aware that Unified Arts classes (e.g., Literature 7, Media Arts) are on a trimester schedule. Final grades for Unified Arts classes will be posted in December after the 1st trimester concludes.
Early Release Day on Wednesday, November 20
Dismissal for students will be at 11:15 AM.
MA State Middle School XC Championships
Seventh graders Brooke Kennedy and Michael Lenox, participated in the Massachusetts State Middle School Cross Country Championships in Devens, Massachusetts on Saturday, November 9th. It was a cold but sunny race day.
Brooke and Michael did a great job representing King Philip Middle School!
King Philip Clothing
Are you looking to purchase KP clothing as a possible holiday gift? Order forms will be going home with students in homeroom this week (KP Clothing Order Form). Items include hooded sweatshirts, windbreakers, dri-fit t-shirts, sweatpants, and more.
Payment can only be made by Paypal at www.sewwhatce.com. Please do not send cash or checks to the school. Order forms need to be returned to Room 203 or the Main Office by Friday, November 22nd.
Food Drive -- Thank you!
The Student Council thanks everyone who participated in this year's very successful food drive! We were able to collect 5603 items (1098 of those items were Thanksgiving themed items such as mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, or cranberry sauce). The food items are going to help many local families in need for the holidays. In addition, each food pantry in Wrentham, Norfolk, and Plainville will be receiving about 32 boxes of food.
The winning teams for the food drive will be announced on our pep rally day, Wednesday, 11/27.
MAP Growth Assessment - Update
The test is unique -- it adapts to your child's responses in order to measure your child's skill level. If your child answers a question correctly, the next question is more challenging. If they answer incorrectly, the next one is easier. These results will provide a more complete picture of what your child knows and is ready to learn. We are excited to implement this new monitoring tool in our classrooms this school year.
Tri-County Sophomores Host Local Experts on Vaping Informational Panel
The sophomore class of the Legal and Protective Services (LPS) career program at Tri-County Regional Vocational High School welcomes parents of middle school students in our surrounding communities for an informative evening about the vaping epidemic. This event will take place on Tuesday, November 19, 6:00 - 7:30 PM at Tri-County and is open to the public.
The panelists for the event include
- Dr. Lester Hartman, Westwood-Mansfield Pediatrics;
- State Representative Shawn Dooley, 9th Norfolk District;
- Officer Paul Guarino, Franklin Police Department; and
- Mary Ellen Bronner, LICSW from Tri-County RVTHS.
The evening will begin promptly at 6:00 PM and is open to the public. There will be a Q & A session.
KPRHS Drama Club Presents: You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
November 22nd & 23rd at 7 PM
November 24th at 2 PM
Tickets are sold online and at the door: www.kingphilip.org/HSDRAMA.
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards
(If your card is already registered for King Philip Middle School, you will not need to re-register.)
Thank you for your support!
Upcoming Important School Dates
- Monday, November 18 - (2:15 PM) Term 1 Grades Posted on IC
- Wednesday, November 20 - Early Release, Teacher Professional Development
- Wednesday, November 27 - Early Release, Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday-Friday, November 28-29 - No School, Thanksgiving
- Tuesday, December 3 - Last day for Trimester 1 Classes (Unified Arts)
- Wednesday, December 4 - Start of Trimester 2 Classes (Unified Arts)
- Tuesday, December 10 - MS Band Concert, 7 PM (High School Auditorium)
- Thursday, December 12 - Early Release, Teacher Professional Development
- Thursday, December 12 - MS Choral Concert, 7 PM (KPMS Auditorium)
- Monday, December 23 - Wednesday, January 1 - No School, Winter Break
- Thursday, January 2 - School Resumes