SIDS

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

Statistics

-Babies who sleep in an adult bed have 40 times a greater risk of SIDs

-Only 13% of babies affected by SIDs have been affected while in their crib, the other 87% were in unsafe environments

How can I reduce the risk of SIDS?

- Breastfeeding has been found to reduce the risk of SIDS

-Always offer your baby a pacifier while sleeping

For more information visit the SIDS and Kids Website or contact them directly: