Back to School 2019-2020
Holly Academy News & Views
Happy New School Year!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school-year! It is amazing how fast the time goes when you are having fun! I know many of you celebrated life transitions (weddings, the birth of a child, moving, etc.) and hopefully you were able to spend much needed time recharging for the year ahead. I am excited about the new year and the possibilities it brings for our students and staff. I know that it is going to be the BEST YEAR YET at Holly Academy! I consider myself lucky to work with each of you to serve our amazing students! Scroll through the newsletter to learn about beginning of the year happenings and updates at school.
- Aug 27 - 6th grade Open House-6:00pm-7:30pm
- Aug 28 - Y5-5th grade Open House-6:00pm-7:30pm
7th-8th grade Open House-6:00pm-6:45pm
- Sept. 2 - Labor Day
- Sept. 3 - First day of school for 1st-8th grade
- Sept. 4 - First day of school for Y5 and Kindergarten
- Sept. 4 - New parent "Coffee & Conversation" at 8:05am in the Media Center
- Sept. 11 - Patriot Day-students can wear red/white/blue tops with uniform bottoms
- Sept. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the media center
- Sept. 12 - Fire drill at 11:30am
- Sept. 16 - Picture Day
- Sept. 16 - Fueling Parent Excellence-5:30pm-7:30pm
- Sept. 17 - Citizenship/Constitution Day-students can wear red/white/blue tops with uniform bottoms
- Sept. 25 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the Media Center
- Sept. 26 - Tornado drill at 11:00am
Welcome to our new staff members! We are so glad you have joined our Husky family!
- Jenn Melton: Office Manager
- Jana Weisbrod: Speech Therapist
- Diana Hoekstra: Special Education Teacher
- Kiah Behrendt: 3/4 Classroom Teacher
- Katie Klimaszewski: 6th Social Studies/ELA Teacher
- Kathy Finneran: 7th/8th Science Teacher
- Andre Linden-Y5: 2nd Music Teacher, Choir, Pan Jams, Y5 support
- Liz Thompson: coming back as Mrs. Will's long-term sub
- Becky Torrey: Special Education Paraprofessional
Fueling Parent Excellence Conference
There are many reasons why Holly Academy is the top academic performer in the area. One of these reasons is our high level of parent support and involvement! The best way you can support your child in his/her academics is to attend our Seventh Annual Fueling Parent Excellence Conference on September 16th.
Your child’s safety is of utmost importance to our staff. Please refrain from having parent/teacher conferences during the dismissal process. Even the smallest question to a teacher takes his/her attention off the safety of the children. Teachers are not permitted to engage in these conversations until the dismissal process is completed. Thank you for assisting us in keeping our children safe.
The middle schoolers and fifth grade will dismiss from the auditorium. If you would like to pick your child up from the middle school building, please make sure you sign them out at the office before 3:05p.m. **PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE DURING DROP OFF AND DISMISSAL**
Remember when signing out your child/ren before 3:15p.m.
they will be marked tardy. Thank you.
Coffee and Conversation
Stand up to bullying t-shirt order form
From the Board of Directors
The Board would like to welcome everyone back to school.
President – Joan Ehrhardt
Vice President – Diane Wujciak
Treasurer – Doreen DeBenedictus
Secretary (FOIA officer) – Sara Barton
Trustee – David Cruickshank
Trustee – Stephen Jenkins
Fenton Community After School Youth String Orchestra
If your child participates in a sports activity at Holly Academy, please check the Holly Academy website (www.hollyacademy.org) under Athletics for cancellations and rescheduled games. We hope this helps with communication between the athletic department and parents.