Learning Bridge Consulting
Coaching . Workshops . Resources
Book your summer workshop Soon!
As we close out another school year, it is time to reflect on how we are meeting our students', teachers', and your school's needs. Providing students with high-quality, rigorous, engaging, motivating, and meaningful instruction is a priority. Increased access to professional development will support these efforts. Administrators are already thinking about ways they can support teachers in 2017-18.
NEW Workshops for 2017!
- Using YouTube as a Teaching Tool- Did you know that YouTube is a Google Apps for Education's tool? Your students spend a lot of time on YouTube, it's time to harness the benefits YouTube can bring to your teaching: spark discussion, dig deeper into content and get students up to speed or push them ahead. Participants will learn to create a teacher account, create and subscribe to Channels, Create content-related Playlists to share directly with students, and navigate legal, safety, and copyright concerns.
- Google Apps for Education - Get inspired by fast-paced presentations and hands-on activities to help your staff get the most out of instructional strategies using GSuite (Google Docs, Slides, Forms, Sites, and more)
How can I help you enhance your school's professional practice?
Assist schools in the setup of teacher workstations including laptops, interactive whiteboards, document cameras, and appropriate software
Conduct formal inventory of school’s hardware and software
Evaluate and propose technology tools
Conduct technology needs assessments of school’s staff to determine levels of proficiency in the areas of web tools, hardware, software and lesson integration
Conduct professional development training in the following areas: iPad integration, document camera and interactive whiteboards integration, educational theory and instructional design to support technology integration
Curriculum Design and Instruction:
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- ELA Common Core Standards
- New Illinois Social Science Learning Standards, and College, Career and Civic Life (C3) Framework
- Coaching to provide job-embedded training to teachers on how to set and accomplish instructional goals.
Recently Booked Workshops...
Do these interest your team?
-"Teaching today's NEW Social Studies Learning Standards", this workshop will actively engage participants as they discover critical elements within the standards and experience examples of some of the instructional shifts covered
- "Simplifying Complex Text", this workshop will actively engage participants as they determine text complexity, identify text-dependent questions, and engage in sample activities
-"Creating and Using Primary Sources", this workshop engage participants as they learn to search for and integrate primary sources into any content area