LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
Happy Earth Day!
THIS WEEK- April 21-25
- APRIL IS NATIONAL SCHOOL LIBRARY MONTH
- APRIL IS NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
- April 20th - Elementary BOB List Feedback Form DUE
CLICK HERE to access the form to offer feedback
- April 23rd- World Book Night USA
- April 24th- District AMTR Meeting-
Location: Lindley Elementary Auditorium
- April 26th- Discovery Ed face-to-face DEN Spring Virtual Conference!
Location: 501 W. Washington Street. Time: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Don't Forget- AMTR District Meeting Thursday
Special thanks to Robin Hardy for hosting our meeting.
Date: Thursday April 24th- District AMTR Meeting-
Location: Lindley Elementary Auditorium
Address: 2007 Camden Road, Greensboro
You have 2 options for parking.
You may park on Camden or Northridge. Northridge has a bigger lot. You will walk up the steps and around the building and come in the ramp door. Make a right and the auditorium is on the left.
If you park on Camden, you will use the ramp door as well.
What you should bring:
We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Dates to Remember
- April 28th - HS BOB Book Selection Meeting (Part 1)
Room 104 Washington Street Time: 4:00
- April 29th- Board of Education 6:00 Eugene Street
-BOB Recognition (Placing teams please have students in lobby at 6:00)
-Media Specialist of the Year Recognition
-National School Library Month GASL Board of Education Presentation
-Poet Laureate Recognitions at BOE meeting
-Everyone please come out and show your support! Let's make it a night for school libraries at all levels.
-PLEASE CLICK HERE to let us know if you will be able to be there.
- May 8th- Destiny 12 Webinar 1:00
CLICK HERE to register
- May 12th- Rescheduled- HS BOB Book Selection Meeting (Part 2)
Room 300 Washington Street Time: 4:00
eBook Orders DUE APRIL 29th
Thank you in advance for all of your hard work. Please strictly follow the instructions emailed to you earlier. It is important that the files are named correctly and shared correctly in order to process the orders properly.
Your lists are DUE on or before April 29th (If you do not submit your list through the TitleWave account by 5:00 on April 29th, you will lose this funding opportunity.)
Look for specific email tomorrow with attached instructions. If you want more information on how to create and share your list, sign up for one of the sessions listed below.
IT IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT:
- that you NAME your list correctly when you create it in TitleWave
- List 1- School Name Multi eBook 2014 - spaces are fine (20 titles)
- List 2- School Name Cultural eBooks 2014- spaces are fine (9 titles)
- that you SHARE your list correctly
- (Share with username: multiebook2014- no spaces)
- Only choose Unlimited or Interactive titles
GCS Reads 20
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED- Principals should be informed in early May.
Guilford County Schools challenges students to read 20 minutes per day. Schools will be eligible to be named a “GCS Reads 20 School of the Month” if students read at least 350 minutes per month.
- · Principals will be informed in early May.
- · Please make plans to promote and continue to collect minutes to submit at the end of each month.
- · Media Specialist will be expected to promote the program at their school and collect minutes each month to be submitted on the existing SharePoint site.
(It currently says R2R, but the information will be transferred so please enter info at the link below.)
- · http://portal.gcsnc.net/r2r/SitePages/Home.aspx
Poet Laureate Events
Other events include:
- Monday, April 28, 6 pm – Poetry and Pizza at Central Library, 219 North Church Street - *All finalists invited to attend
Poet Sarah Lindsay will provide a workshop / Q &A for all Poet Contestants. All attendees are encouraged to participate in the Teen Poetry Reading to follow at 7:30. (RSVP)
- Monday, April 28, 7:30 pm – Monday Night Poetry – Teen Night at Central Library, 219 North Church Street - *All finalists invited to attend
Discovery Education and Guilford County Schools are pleased to invite you to the DEN Spring Virtual Conference! The VirtCon is a free professional learning event for educators to learn effective ways to integrate digital media into their instructional prac:ces while providing an opportunity to network and collaborate. This unique conference offers multi-platform participation with sessions broadcast online and in-person. Please join us at a face-to-face DEN Spring Virtual Conference!
Date: Saturday, April 26, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM EST
Location: 501 W. Washington Street, Greensboro, NC 27401
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Prizes will be given and a special prize to those who bring a friend!
To register, please visit: firstname.lastname@example.org/GuilfordVirtCon
For more information, please visit: http://virtconlive.com
Instructional Technology and Innvoation April Newsletter
Our WONDERFUL Instructional Technology and Innovation Team of Pam James and Sabrina Jenkins has created videos to walk you through the use of Office 365, Web Apps, and using SkyDrive. Click Here to access instructional Video's.
If you would like to learn more, this month the team will continue to offer Office 365, Web Apps & OneDrive (formerly known as SkyDrive) training for all users. Click here for a full list of classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
GREAT NEWS! If you attend at least 3 instructional courses throughout the year you will now receive credit. (Please share with staff.)
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)275-4562
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.