Teacher Immersion Fellows Program
This program offers you the opportunity to have a PAID experience while gaining experience in the education field. The experience could prove to be very valuable when looking for full-time employment.
A partnership between The College at Brockport & Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES, Brockport Central Schools, Spencerport Central Schools, and the Hilton Central School District
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES, Brockport Central Schools, Spencerport Central Schools, the Hilton Central School District, and The College at Brockport are involved in a partnership that will address the shortage of substitute teachers and enhance the educational and employment opportunities for The College at Brockport students.
Participation in a range of educational opportunities benefiting aspiring teachers including, but not limited to:
•substitute teaching which may be eligible for credit toward professional certification requirements,
•observing effective teachers,
•working with students in small groups or one-on-one environments,
•developing relationships with students, staff and administration in a neighboring district,
•participating in staff development designed specifically for this program,
•participating in optional district staff development, and
•receiving a consistent work schedule with compensation.
Requirements... Candidates Must:
1. be enrolled in The College at Brockport.
2. be available to work a set number of days per week during a typical school day.
3. complete an application to determine eligibility.
1. Click below or visit www.monroe2boces.org (Click on Job Opportunities under Quick Links on the left hand side of the page).
2. Create an application and/or apply to the Teacher Immersion Fellows Program posting.
3. Attend the interview, if offered the opportunity.
4. If you accept an offer to be a part of the program, you agree to:
- Commit to working a consistent schedule.
- Attend an orientation and 4 required professional development sessions throughout