December 5, 2016
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It is certainly starting to cool off a bit, but the activity schedule is starting to heat up. This is indubitably one of the busiest times of year. Nonetheless, it is always a very enjoyable time of year.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
- Congratulations to Dominic Schneider--All-state Tuba, First Chair
- Congratulations to these students for receiving an honorable mention at All-state Band Auditions: Ashley Raster, Grant Argent,and Arianna Chavez
- Congratulations to FHN WInter Guard for hosting a successful Breakfast with Santa
- Great Curriculum Night...It was awesome to meet some of our new Knights
5 QUICK FACTS
Mark Olwig--Social Studies
1. I have a wonderful family. 3 boys at home and a daughter, married and gainfully employed.
2. I have been truly blessed to be in the field of education.
3 I enjoy spending time with my family especially during the holidays and attending sporting activities.
4. I enjoy vacationing in Pentwater, MI on the beaches of Lake Michigan.
5. I work every summer at Maryville University as an assistant to the associate director of soccer camps.
Next up is Amy Murray!
Faculty Meeting on Wednesday.
PLC Leaders the following e-mail was sent out:
Good morning, PLC Leaders!
This Wednesday, at the faculty meeting we need you to bring an effort activity that you are using in your class. We are having a gallery walk so that we can share the great things we are doing in our classes and PLC’s. Please bring a few copies of your activity and some examples to share when you are explaining your activity to your colleagues. You do not have to make copies for all staff members. Please see the attached agenda from the last faculty meeting under reflection at the end.
If you, the PLC Leader, are not going to be able to attend the faculty meeting, please assign one of your team members with this task.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 88.96% of students attending 90% of the time.
The link below is for 1st period teachers to submit their Average Daily Attendance for the month of November:
The staff survey will close Friday, December 9th at 3 p.m. Please take a few minutes to complete it. Most people are finding it in their Junk or Clutter folders. Survey Monkey will send reminder emails to those who haven’t taken it today.
The student survey will be given during 4th hour on December 6, 7, or 8th. If you have a 4th hour, materials will be in your mailbox by the end of the day on Monday. You get to decide which day in the window will be best for you to give the survey. The information will include more detailed instructions on giving the survey.
As educators we wear many hats. Sometimes we support our students with food; sometimes we support our students with safety. We build relationships and we provide care when our kids need it. Our role evolves for sure.
Google 101 Lunch and Learn (please bring your laptop) is this Thursday, December 8th.
Here is the sign up link:
December Lunch and Learn Sign Up
FHSD December Innovation Time will take place in the Learning Commons of FHN on Dec. 8, from 3-5:30 PM. All FHSD staff are invited to drop in at any time to “talk tech,” come to ask questions, share ideas, or get tech help with ANY tech program.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
"Shout out to the counselors for coordinating Curriculum Night and hosting the discussion last Thursday with us during lunches!"--Chris Birch