GLA West Connections
Week of April 1- April 5
Growing into our Greatness ...Not a Moment to Waste!
Spring Break- School CLOSED April 8-12
Spring Break Packets
PARENT SURVEY- WIN A $100 GIFT CARD!
Mandatory 2nd Grade and 6th Grade Parent Meeting Tonight
All second and sixth grade parents are required to attend a mandatory meeting tonight, April 3rd, at 6:00pm.
5th Grade Parent Excursion Meeting Tonight
There is a 5th grade parent meeting for all scholars attending the excursion today, April 3rd, at 6:00pm.
8th Grade End of Year Updates
Updates regarding end of year information for 8th graders will be sent out in a letter this Friday.
Spring Break Packets
Spring break packets will be distributed on Thursday, April 4th. Scholars are required to complete their packet and turn it in on Monday, April 15th.
PSSA Testing begins on April 16th
The test days are:
- 3rd-8th Grade English Language Exam: April 16-18
- 3rd-8th Grade Math Exam: April 29-30
- 4th & 8th Science Exam: May 1st & 2nd
Parent Tips for the PSSA
Global Excursion Final Payments Due
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade: payments are now PAST DUE!
- 5th grade: April 19th
Scholars who have not made final payments by the deadline will lose their seats. If there are any concerns, please contact Ms. Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Honor Society Toy drive
We have officially kicked off our countdown to PSSAs!
The PSSA exams are around the corner - 4 school days away! This year’s PSSA prep theme, “We Can Do It,” intends to encourage your scholar to work with diligence and confidence on the exam. As partners in your scholar’s learning, we want to share our initiatives alongside ways you can partner in order set your scholar up for success.
“We Can Do It:”
- Do Now Challenge: In order to help your scholar familiarize themselves with question types and content on the PSSA, teachers are integrating a problem each day into the math and ELA block. These are opportunities for scholars to practice and review content.
- Show What You Know Challenge: During Fitness Friday, we are adding a PSSA question portion. Classes will compete for the correct answer alongside physical challenges. This fun activity is a way to build energy and review for the PSSA.
- iReady: Ensure your scholars is getting at-home practice with content by spending 45-minutes per week on iReady math and reading.
- Attendance: Your scholar’s presence at school directly correlates to their success on the PSSA exam. Please ensure your scholar arrives on time daily in order to receive relevant instruction.
- Saturday School: We are hosting a PSSA prep beginning February 3rd to help scholars in need of additional help. Please contact Ms. Snyder at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
- ELA State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 16-18
- Math State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 29-30
- Science State-Wide Testing (4 & 8 grade): May 1-2