VOE (Week of September 19th)
Lesson Plans and Classroom Visit Feedback
- Objectives for each day posted and written in student friendly verbiage.
- Evidence of student understanding of concepts. (example: When we ask students what they are learning, they should be able to tell us.)
We will be seeing many visitors to our campus, as well as all other SBISD campuses, throughout the year. They will be visiting classrooms to witness the great learning and progress our students are making.
Calendar for the Week (September 19th)
Morning Video Announcements - We will begin this week with Second Grade. Ask five students to walk quietly down to meet Mr. Burgner in the library.
- Shin's Class (Week of Sept. 19th)
- Cernosek's Class (Week of Sept. 26th)
- Kapes' Class (Week of Oct. 3rd)
- Mills' Class (Week of Oct. 10th)
Monday - Sept. 19th
- Data Window for DRA/EDL/OS/PAPI Opens (window closes Sept. 30th)
- Data Window for K-1 Math Opens (window closes Oct. 4th)
- Girl's On The Run - begins in gymnasium - 2:30
Tuesday - Sept. 20th
- Last Day to Input Grades for Progress Reports
- D.A.R.E. for 5th Grade
- All Staff Meeting - 3:00 (Vision/Mission Planning)
Wednesday - Sept. 21st
- Neuhaus Training (3rd, 4th, Sped)
Thursday - Sept. 22nd
- Go Texans Day!!! Wear your Texans Gear w/jeans - Texas vs. Patriots 7:30 p.m.
- VOE Spirit Night at Chick-Fil-A 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Silber Location
Friday - Sept. 23rd
- Progress Reports Go Home
- Spirit Day - wear your VOE shirt and jeans
- "Red Friday" for UH Grads & Attendees
- 3rd Grade Dictionary Presentation - 1:15 p.m. in 3rd grade pod area
New Procedure for Transportation Changes Coming Soon
- Parents will have multiple methods to access the "Valley Oaks Transportation Change Request" form. (see attached sample below)
- Requests can be made by parents using this form by noon (12:00 p.m.).
- Written changes can be sent with a student or brought to the front office. We will accept phone calls to the front office up until noon (12:00 p.m.).
- Changes can no longer be made via email or by phone to teachers.
Our goal is to significantly reduce the time teachers spend checking emails and to ensure changes have been accounted for throughout the day. Above all, it is important we send students home the correct way and keep them safe at all times. We added some contingencies to this new procedure since this is a new process for parents.
Before we begin this new process, we will meet with our Campus Improvement Team for additional input. After viewing the form below, please click on the google form survey to add your comments.
Below is a draft copy of the form. Please do not share this information with anyone outside of our staff since we are still working in draft mode.
Click below to provide feedback.
Policy on Work Missed While Attending SPIRAL at Bendwood (Pertains to 3rd thru 5th)
Upcoming Dates and Events
Sept. 27th - All Staff Meeting (Vision/Mission Planning)
Bike, Walk, Scoot to School Day
- 8:30 - 9:00 - PK, K, and 1st Grade
- 9:30 - 10:15 - 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
Neuhaus Training - 3rd, 4th, and Sped - 7:30 - 3:00
Cultural Arts Performance - Opera to Go - Cafeteria
Pre-K through 2nd - 8:00 - 8:45
3rd through 5th - 9:00 - 9:45
Oct. 10th - All School Holiday
College Week - Oct. 10th - 14th
Oct. 13th - CIT Meeting - 3:00 - Conference Room
PTA Fall Staff Birthday Lunch
Oct. 17th thru 21st - Canned Food Drive
Oct. 18th - Fall Pictures (In Library)
Oct. 20th and 21st - Early Dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences (11:30)
Fire Trucks Visit Pre-K (11:00)
Oct. 28th - Color Run During HF Classes
Bike, Walk, Scoot to School Day
Upcoming PTA Board Meetings and General Meetings
Oct. 11th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 - MPR
Nov. 8th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 - MPR
Dec. 13th - PTA General Meeting - 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria followed by our Winter Music Program
Jan. 10th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - MPR
Feb. 14th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - MPR
March 7th - PTA Board General Meeting - 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria followed by our Health Fitness Program
April 11th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - MPR
May 9th - PTA Board Meeting - 6:30 p.m. - MPR
May 23rd - PTA General Meeting - 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria followed by our Fifth Grade Program
Why Valley Oaks? Vision/Mission Planning
Take a look at the video below (Southwest Airlines). Begin to think what our video would look like, if we were to make one, for Valley Oaks. What are we about? Your pre-work here will help us develop our vision and mission throughout the next couple of all-staff meetings.
Staff Birthdays for the Month of September
Sept. 9th - Erin Mills
Sept. 13th - Cecilia Coleman
Sept. 20th - Lindsey Schell
Sept. 21st - Stella Kim
Sept. 28th - Edith Villegas
Text @voestaff to the number 81010 to join Remind for VOE Staff
You will receive all texts from Mr. Henry throughout the year. We will occasionally use this method to communicate brief messages to our staff.