Paxton Faculty Newsletter
Week of September 10, 2018
It’s H.A.M.R. Time!
High Expectations + Accountability + Motivation = Results
In the Spotlight
Paxton Cross Country Team volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House
Pictured - Back Row (L to R): Brianna Wright, Holden Mitchell, Jacob Morgan, Caylor Dixon, Maddie Varnum, Philip Anderson, Landon Stanley, Zach Wilson, Emily Wilson, and Ragan Butts. Front Row (L to R): Gracie Geoghagan, Lyndsey Wright, Eugene Hall, Nick Johnson, Blaine Johnston, Lawson Geoghagan, Tristan Petty.
Differentiated Accountability: We are proudly educating 796 future leaders.
- The first instructional round of our targeted feedback cycles has begun. This consists of a 10-15 minute pre-meeting, a 15-20 minute observation focusing on the "look fors" you and I establish, and a post-meeting to analyze the results. The intent of instructional rounds is for professional development. It is NOT evaluative.
- Administrative walk-throughs are focusing on Daily Learning Targets, Student Engagement, & Intentional Questioning.
Two very important questions for students:
- What are you learning today?
- How will you know you have learned it?
- PTO Cookie Dough Sales: Pre-K-5, if you did not get any Cookie Dough order forms, please contact the front office.
- Communication: In an effort to keep you informed, we are using several different forms of communication such as e-mail, Weekly Faculty Newsletter, Morning Show, & Microsoft Outlook calendar invitations. It is important that you pay attention to each of these items so you will not miss important information.
- Baseline Edge: We do not have access to Baseline Edge at this time. I will let you know as soon as it is available to access.
- Deliberate Practice: Goal #1 - As a result of incorporating daily learning targets in my classroom, students will increase their ______ performance from ____ to ____.
- Cell Phone Usage in the Classroom: It is imperative ALL teachers adhere to the following classroom procedures regarding cell phone usage in the classroom. All cell phones are to be off and out of sight in the classroom. This includes listening to music with earphones. Classroom Disciplinary Procedures regarding cell phones: Record the infraction on the Behavior Tracking Form in the Student Planner and take the phone up. The phone should be sent to the office and parents will be contacted. It is imperative we all have the same expectations regarding cell phone usage in the classroom.
- Attendance: Attendance should be taken each day. Secondary teachers need to take attendance each period in an effort to monitor students throughout the day.
- Review ALICE Lockdown procedures. We will be having a schoolwide lockdown drill soon.
- ALL classroom doors MUST be locked at all times.
- Passes: If you give verbal permission for students to go to the bathroom before the tardy bell, please ask them to take a pass.
- Substitutes: Please use only the CURRENT and APPROVED Substitute List if you choose to obtain your own substitutes.
- Passwords: Please do NOT give out your passwords to anyone.
- Absences: Any time you are going to be out, please contact Ms. Cain, Ms. Neale, or Mr. Jackson.