Thomas Middle School
February 28, 2021
Welcome to Thomas Middle School! We are thrilled to begin the transition process for the 2021-2022 incoming 6th graders. We love working with our incoming families and take great pride in creating a transition process that supports our students and helps families become more comfortable with middle school.
While this year will look a bit different due to the Covid-19 protocols, we are confident that our transition plans will allow you and your child to gain all the necessary information to ensure that your child has a successful experience at TMS!
Below you will find details on the 5 steps we plan to take during our transition process...
- STEP 1: Student Online Presentation (During class on a Monday in March)
- STEP 2: Parent Online Presentation - SAVE THE DATE - April 6th @ noon or 6 PM (The Webinar login information will be shared in early April.)
- STEP 3 (ACTION ITEM): Parent & Student Self-Guided Tours - Use the SignUpGenius below to secure your spot for the parent & student self-guided tour!
- STEP 4: August Before School 6th Grade Student Orientation Event (More information to come on this!)
- STEP 5: First Day of School "Back to School Night" (More information to come on this!)
Information on individual transition meetings for students with IEP or 504 Plans will be shared with specific families in the near future via case managers. These meeting dates are set and you should have or will be receiving meeting invites shortly.
The TMS online videos will be updated in the near future as we learn more about what the 2021-2022 school year will look like. We are thrilled that as of now 5 days of in-person instruction are planned. Once our videos are updated, we will share a link with all of you.
We look forward to getting to know you and to supporting your family during the next three years!
Lori, Nick, & Greg