Mackenzie Van Patten
Find people that will support you!
Have Stress Management and Coping Skills
- There will be stressful situations between classes, homework, jobs, and money; know the best way for you to cope with these!
- DON'T SAY: "The test was too hard!" or "I don't have enough time to do everything!"
- DO SAY: "I am going to study harder next time." and "I am going to prioritize my time so I can complete everything."
Accept the Unexpected
- No matter how well you prepare yourself for college, there are still going to be things that surprise you; stay focused, responsible, open, and flexible!
Choose Friends Wisely
Pick to hang out with a person that has a good balance between academics and social life, because you will most likely become the person you surround yourself with.
- Show your school spirit and attend games and events; it's also a great way to meet new people.