John Long Principal Newsletter
MAP and Aspire Testing
Please discuss with your student that it is crucial that they give their best efforts on these exams so we can use the results to adjust our instruction and plan for any needed support that an individual student may need. Just as with any testing, we want students to get a good night sleep and eat a healthy breakfast so that they can be at their best. Below you will find the testing schedule for the upcoming week.
Monday, May 3 - Math MAP (6th & 7th Grade)
Tuesday, May 4 - Math MAP (6th & 7th Grade) and Aspire Math (8th Grade)
Thursday, May 6 - ELA MAP (6th & 7th Grade) and Asprie ELA (8th Grade)
Friday, May 7 - ELA MAP (6th & 7th Grade) and Aspire Reading (8th Grade)
Career, Wellness, and Financial Literacy Day
In the afternoon, 6th and 7th grade students will participate in wellness activities to teach about the importance of taking care of oneself physicially, socially, and emotionally. Our 8th graders will be doing interactive financial literacy activities to teach them the importance of preparing to understand personal budgeting practices.
At the end of the day, all students will do a reflection to identify what stood out to them and what they learned about themselves and their plan for their future.
8th Grade Promotion and Rockin' Jump Party
- Monday, June 7 (Rain date for Tuesday, June 8)
- 6:30 p.m. at the John Bleise Athletic Complex at GHS
We are still working through details on number of attendees allowed per student. We do have good news and are excited to let the 8th grade students know that we will be having our traditional promotion celebration party at Rockin' Jump in Brown Deer from 8:30-10:30 p.m. on Monday, June 7 after the promotion ceremony. The cost of this is $20 and families provide transportation to and from the event. The $20 covers jumping socks, pizza, and drink. Masks will be required at the facility. We are excited that Rockin' Jump is able to offer this opportunity for our studnets. Signup and waiver information will be sent out in the coming weeks.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Week of May 3 - MAP and Aspire Testing
- Monday, May 17 - Virtual Learning Day (no in-person attendance)
- Thursday, May 20 - Career, Wellness, and Financial Literacy Day
- May 28 - 30 - John Long Musical - Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
- Monday, May 31 - No school for Memorial Day
- Monday, June 7 - 8th Grade Promotion and Last Day of School for 8th Grade
- Wednesday, June 9 - Last Day and early release at 11:00 a.m. for 6th & 7th Grade