Central Texas Dance Contest
to be held at Liberty Hill High School
Info for Contest on February 13, 2016
Things You Need to Know:
- Carpool to LHHS - Each dancer will need to arrange transportation to and from the contest at LHHS. Carpools are advised. See the map attached for student drop off information.
- Arrival Time for Officers should be 7:30AM PROMPT. Arrive wearing your officer jazz costume for "My Dear Friend". Hair and make up should be done. Wear your jacket over the costume.
- Arrival Time for the Team should be no later than 7:45AM. Hair and Majestic make-up already done, wearing your first costume. You must have your Majestics jacket over your costume.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast and arrive with a full tummy. You will get a lunch (included) at 11:30am, and a snack break around 3pm. Bring money for snacks and/or dinner from the concessions.
- Dressing Rooms - Our team will be using the LHHS band hall as our dressing room. A Liberty Belle will escort you to that area when you arrive. Moms can help drop things off, but will not be able to remain in the dressing room during the contest.
- Bring extra supplies (pins, bobby pins, hair spray, finger nail polish remover, etc., for team use during the day).
- Awards - Prepare to stay for the awards ceremony. The end time will depend on the size of the contest, and how many awards they hand out. If you need to leave earlier, please contact me personally prior to the day of contest.
Danceline has not issued a final performance schedule, but should be sending one today. I will send an updated email out with this information as soon as I receive it.
Here is what I can tell you so far.
- Team must arrive at 7:45am, with officers arriving by 7:30am.
- Our first team routine will be around 11:00am.
- Last team routine will be performed around 5:30pm.
- Awards estimated at 7:00pm (longer than expected because the contest has grown this year).
More info for the Parents:
- Wear Purple! Sit in the audience and make lots of noise by cheering when we perform. The judges respond positively to a routine that gets a lot of 'pop' from the audience. Bring the pop! I have a few extra Majestics long sleeved tees if you are interested in purchasing one, contact me via email.
- Best place to eat: Dahlia's cafe. This eatery is a local favorite and well known throughout the hill country for it's chicken fried steak and down home cooking. This would be a great place to eat breakfast after you drop off your dancer in the morning. See menu and link below.