GES Title I Tips
PARENT ENGAGEMENT = STUDENT SUCCESS
Title I Spring Parent Survey
It is that time of year once again when we ask our GES parents to help us evaluate our Title I program! Please take a few minutes to answer the survey questions and provide any feedback you feel will strengthen Title I here at Graysville. The survey is available online or by paper copy, upon request. Students whose parents complete a survey by Friday, March 10th will receive a special treat!
Click here to take the survey online.
Or email Marissa Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper copy.
Thank you for your time and support,
Important Dates & Events You Don't Want to Miss
- March 2nd - Read Across America: Wear Bright Clothes
- March 3rd - Read Across America: PJ Day
- March 6th - Read Across America: Book Character Dress Up Day
- March 9th - End of the 3rd 9 Weeks
- March 10th - No School
- March 13th - No School
- March 15th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Rock City
- March 15th - Kindergarten & First Field Trip to UTC Aquatic Center
- March 16th - 4th & 5th Field Trip to UTC Aquatic Center
- March 17th - 2nd & 3rd Field Trip to UTC Aquatic Center
- March 17th - PTO Spring Carnival
- March 21st - Report Card Go Home
- March 22nd - Spring School Pictures
- March 23rd - GES Chorus Field Trip to "Singin' in the Rain, Jr."
- March 28th - 4th Grade Quest Field Trip to Bessie Smith Center
- March 29th - 3rd Grade Quest Field Trip to Ruby Falls
- March 31st - No School
- MEETINGS & EVENTS -
2nd Semester F.A.S.T. Meeting Results
Students who had parents that completed a meeting evaluation by February 10th were entered into a drawing for free ice cream. One student in each grade level was randomly selected. Our ice cream winners are:
5th grade - DeMarco in Mrs. Hargrove's class
4th grade - Avery in Ms. Mullins' class
3rd grade - Hunter in Mr. Owens' class
2nd grade - Callen in Mrs. Nayadley's class
1st grade - Brentley in Mrs. Trundle's class
Kindergarten - Luella in Mrs. Peterson's class
- VOLUNTEER NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES -
We can always use extra hands at Graysville! If you have time to give to GES please contact Marissa Watson with your availability. I will make sure we have something for you to work on!
We need 3 parent volunteers to help with Spring School Pictures on Wednesday, March 22nd. If you are able to help on that day, please contact Marissa Watson.
- FAMILY ENGAGEMENT FOCUS -
Teaching Collaboration at Home
Knowing how to collaborate with classmates will help your child work well and learn in groups. Here are some tips to practice collaboration skills at home.
- Balance speaking and listening. During family discussions, give each person a chance to talk. Your child should listen carefully so they can acknowledge what everyone says and build on those ideas. “I liked what you said about ___. I think ___>”
- Encourage compromise. If your child has a disagreement with a sibling or friend, such as whether to play inside or outside, think of it as a learning opportunity. Ask them to think of a way they could both feel satisfied. For example, they could do a puzzle outside on a picnic table or they could flip a coin to decide which to do first.
- TITLE I INFORMATION -
TITLE I INTERPRETED - How can parents offer input?
Input is valued at any time and can be submitted through an online input form on the website, completing Title I surveys in the fall and spring, filling out Title I event and meeting evaluations, or by contacting Mrs. Sholl, our principal, or Marissa Watson, Parent Involvement Coordinator.
GES Teachers are highly qualified. Parents have the right to request teacher and paraprofessional qualifications. For more information, please contact the school office.
2022-2023 Title I Budget
Title I Parent & Community Input
Title I Parenting Resources
Graysville Elementary School Title I Program
Kerri Sholl, Principal
Rebecca West, Academic Coach
Location: 944 Graysville Road, Ringgold, GA, USA
Title I Remind Sign-up: Text @gestitle-1 to 81010