Regional School District No. 6
Principal's Message for October 8, 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
International multi-age expert Dr. Sandra Stone will visit Warren School on October 13th and 14th. You are invited to a parent meeting with Dr. Stone, the teachers and me on October 13th at 6:30 PM. At that time, you will hear a more detailed update and have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
You are also invited to a series of Principal Coffee Chats with me. The next evening chat will be held tonight at 6:15 PM, prior to the FOWS meeting. Does morning work better for you? If so, you are invited to attend a morning Coffee Chat with me on Friday, October 23rd at 9:00 AM. We will discuss Warren School's vision and goals, multiage, plus anything else that is of interest to parents. Additional evening and morning chats will be scheduled throughout the school year. Of course, you are always welcome to contact me at any time for a chat. My door is always open!
Enrichment Clusters will launch on Tuesday, November 3rd! Clusters consist of small groups of students with a similar interest who meet together on a regular basis. They are guided by an adult facilitator who shares a similar interest. In Clusters, students collaboratively explore a real-world topic or career, decide together what path their learning will take, and create a product or service that is then shared with an authentic audience. This enrichment opportunity will allow students to research a high-interest topic in an authentic and rigorous manner that is also highly engaging and motivational. Students will participate in a total of three Clusters during the 2015-2016 school year. The duration of each Cluster will be approximately 6-10 weeks.
To prepare for the first round of Enrichment Clusters, students recently completed an interest survey. The staff examined the school-wide survey results this week, and will develop Cluster topics that align with the areas of highest student interest. Near the end of October, students will receive a description of all of the Clusters that will be offered during the Fall session. They will select their top three Cluster choices, and will be assigned to one of these choices before Clusters begin on November 3rd.
Please note the following:
- Thursday, October 8th at 6:15 PM -Principal Coffee Chat in Art Room
- Thursday, October 8th at 7:00 PM - Friends of Warren School Meeting in Art Room
- October 9th Friends of Warren Pumpkin Decorating 3:30-5:30
- October 10th and 11th - Warren Fall Festival
- October 12th - Columbus Day - No School
- October 13th - 6:30 PM - Parent Meeting with Dr. Sandra Stone and Warren staff
- October 14th - 7:00 PM - BOE meeting at Warren School
- October 21st - 23rd - Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 9th - 6:30 PM - Parent Presentation on Cyberbullying at Wamogo
- November 10th - Warren School Veteran's Day Lunch
- November 11th - Veteran's Day - No School
- November 12th - 7:00 PM - Friends of Warren School Meeting
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions, comments or concerns.
Hover over the photo gallery link to view additional galleries, such as the International Dot Day Art Gallery.