"Beauty" through the camera's eyes

By: Jasmine tinoco

Self image

"Don't be dramatic, it's only some plastic. No one will love you if you're unattractive." , from hit songs on the radio and billboards on the highway to the screen on your little girl's cellphone. The "ideal" image of beauty is what social media sells. And it doesn't matter what age you are, or if you "can't afford it", they'll sell it to you at no cost but your health. Social media is dragging our society and confidence down the drain. And what are we gonna do about it!

Among high school students, according to health Feed, 44% of girls and 15% of guys are attempting to lose weight. 75% of girls with low self-esteem have been reported in negative activities such as, cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, purging, eating disordered and so on... This only leaves us with a 25% of girls with high self-esteem. After an interview with lily james,"I'm so healthy! I'be got hips and boobs and a bum and a small waist!", apparently our so called "role models" are in on the cut as well.

We need to stop the negative about our body and beauty. We need to understand that we are ALL different. NO ONE is the same. We are all perfect in our on ways, we need to stop putting a image on beauty. My beauty is different from yours just like your beauty is different from your sisters or bother's beauty. Imperfection is perfection.

YOU LOOK DISGUSTING