Welcome to Week 21!
January 16 - 20, 2023
Week 21: January 16 - 20, 2023
MONDAY - 1/16
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day ~ NO SCHOOL ~
― Martin Luther King Jr.
TUESDAY - 1/17
- KINDNESS WEEK
- Brahma Foundation Meeting 7:00 PM
WEDNESDAY - 1/18 (LATE START)
- Late Start Schedule - No Zero Period or Science Lab, 1st Period Starts at 9:15 AM
- Top 10 Applications Available (USB Room)
- FCA General Meeting (GYM) Lunch
- V Boys Basketball @ Rowland 6:45 PM
- JV Boys Basketball vs Rowland Home 3:30 PM
- F Boys Basketball vs Rowland Home 5:00 PM
- V Girls Basketball @ Rowland 5:00 PM
- JV Girls Basketball @ Rowland 3:30 PM
- V Girls Soccer @ Walnut 5:15 PM
- JV Girls Soccer @ Walnut 3:30 PM
- V Boys Soccer vs Walnut Home 5:15 PM
- JV Boys Soccer vs Walnut Home 3:30 PM
THURSDAY - 1/19
- RENAISSANCE GIVEAWAY Lunch
- KAPA Parent Meeting (Room 910) 7:00 PM
- V Boys Wrestling vs Wilson Home 5:30 PM
- JV Boys Wrestling vs Wilson Home 6:30 PM
- V Girls Water Polo @ Yorba Linda 4:15 PM
- JV Girls Water Polo @ Yorba Linda 5:15 PM
- F/S Girls Water Polo @ Yorba Linda 3:30 PM
- ELAC Parent Meeting - ZOOM Link 6:30 PM
FRIDAY - 1/20
- Winter Sports Luncheon
- Brahma Idol Round 1 (Theater) 3:30 PM
- V Girls Wrestling @ Ayala Tournament 12:00 PM
- V Girls Basketball @ Walnut 5:00 PM
- JV Girls Basketball @ Walnut 3:30 PM
- V Boys Basketball @ Walnut 6:45 PM
- JV Boys Basketball vs Walnut Home 3:30 PM
- F Boys Basketball vs Walnut Home 5:00 PM
- V Girls Soccer @ Rowland 5:15 PM
- JV Girls Soccer @ Rowland 3:30 PM
- V Boys Soccer vs Rowland Home 5:15 PM
- JV Boys Soccer vs Rowland Home 3:30 PM
SATURDAY - 1/21
- S80’s (Gym) 6:00 PM
- V Girls Wrestling @ Ayala Tournament 9:00 AM
**To see our complete Sports Calendar and CIF Competitions Click HERE!
Kindness Week! January 17 - 20, 2023
It is fitting to celebrate Kindness Week while we celebrate the life, work, and influence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.!
This week, (January 17-20) is Kindness Week at DBHS. Special thanks to our Wellness Coordinator, Mrs. Denise Mesdjian for planning and coordinating this important week!
Our theme is "Finding Kindness." We hope that you will encourage your children to practice random acts of kindness (check out this blog on Random Acts of Kindness), participate in our lunchtime activities, or participate in any lesson you would like to create that teaches students about the value of kindness. Having a positive focus during the "January slump" motivates students to keep looking forward.
We are committed to fostering a campus community of kind and caring people.
Open House Showcase is coming! Thursday, January 26, 2023
Upcoming ACADEMIC DATES
Important Academic Reminders:
- Monday, January 16 - No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tuesday & Wednesday, January 17 & 18 - Brahma Tech Internship Fair
- Tuesday, January 17 - 19 - Kindness Week
- Thursday, January 26 - Open House Showcase
- Monday - Wednesday, February 6 - 8 - WASC Visit
Congratulations to our FBLA Students!
Junior Felix Peng recently competed in a financial literacy project/competition through the Future Business Leaders of America and placed Third Place Nationwide, competing against students from across the entire country.
This is a tremendous accomplishment for Felix and our school! He represents the best of our Business program!
Special thanks to our FBLA Advisor, John Justin Pierce (Business and Marketing Teacher) for your support, coordination, and leadership with our FBLA program.
ELAC Parent Meeting - Thursday, January 19 @ 6:30 PM
Hello DBHS English Learner Families,
Please join us for our 2nd English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting of the year! Our meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 19th at 6:30pm. Come find out information about the English Learner program at DBHS! You will have an opportunity to meet our EL staff and provide input about our EL program. Your participation and input are greatly appreciated!
Meeting ID: 847 5957 5731
Joining ELAC is a great way to learn about resources and the upcoming ELPAC test in February. We hope you can join us!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email Mrs. Cho firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Dreyer email@example.com.
Hope to see you on Thursday, January 19th at 6:30pm.
Mrs. Cho and Ms. Dreyer
USB Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.!
USB Recognizes Kindness!
In order to focus on recognizing Brahma Pride on our campus USB has come up with C.I.A. cards for our staff to distribute to our students. Students will earn these cards when they have been Caught In the Act…of doing the right thing. The hope is that this will promote and reward Dynamic, Balanced, Honorable and Scholastic student behavior on campus and create positive connections between students and staff.
Each student that turns in a card will be entered in a weekly drawing to win some awesome prizes. The winner of this drawing will be announced during our Monday PA announcements.
See below for C.I.A. Prizes!
The Sadie Hawkins Dance is this Saturday, January 21, 2023.
Get your tickets now!
Tickets: $30 In-person sales January 17 - 19 in the USB Room
- $30 Online January 9 - 19
- Behavior Contract
- Please print or pick up a behavioral contract and sign it. You may pick up a printed behavioral contract at any of the places where you drop them off. Please pick up or drop off at the following locations: USB Room, Athletic Office 731, Daza 655, De Cambra 653, Gwilliam 719, Hansen 608.
- Contract link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GPVJBy0AgyAAyGtxbCMYN8-YJuvEFPBe/view
Brahmas Selected for San Gabriel Valley All-Star Football Game!
San Gabriel Valley (SGV) Bowl All Star Game East vs. West is coming!
Mark you calendar for Friday, Jan 20 at Charter Oak High School.
Three of our own senior Brahmas will be representing our school:
- Maddox Bernardino @maddox_edward
- Isaiah Young @zayyyyskiii
- Luke Moe @luke_m50
Congratulations Coach Castaneda for being voted the Coach of the Year!
Check out next year's 2023 - 2024 Football Schedule!
Parking Lot Traffic Pattern
Dear Brahma Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for following the traffic pattern and cones setup in the student parking lot. Our parking lot cones will go into position in period 5 and straighten out for normal flow at 3:40 PM. Please see the map (above) to see the cones that will be guiding traffic from period 5 to 3:40 PM. In the morning, the cones will be straight to allow the free flow of traffic.
Special thanks to Assistant Principal, Dr. Chang, Security Staff Andy Abril, Harrison Lindsey, John Rodriguez, Alicia Valdes, Lisa Wong-Owens, & Gary Warren for keeping our parking lot safe!
Walnut Valley Unified School District has moved to ParentSquare!
We are excited to let you know that starting the 2022-2023 school year, ParentSquare will be replacing Blackboard Connect as the new district-wide communication platform. ParentSquare, will allow Diamond Bar High to unify all parent communication from the district, schools, classrooms, and school activity groups under one umbrella.
With ParentSquare you’ll be able to
- Receive all school and classroom communication via email, text or app
- View and download photos
- View the school and available classroom calendars
It is our hope that WVUSD's partnership with ParentSquare will enable a stronger dialogue between school & home. We also hope it will help empower everyone within the school community to stay connected and informed.
While ParentSquare can send messages through both email and text messages, we believe the best experience will be through the phone/tablet app which you can download by the links below.
DOWNLOAD FROM APPLE'S APP STORE
You can also create a password for your ParentSquare account on your computer by clicking HERE.
Campus Safety Information
Dear Brahma Students and Parent/Guardians,
Out of an abundance of caution and to communicate important safety updates to our community, listed below are informational resources to empower parent-child conversations regarding the effects of accidental overdose of Fentanyl. Please refer to the following links to learn more about Fentanyl and to guide conversations about staying safe and making good decisions.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff Department: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- NIDA, as part of the National Institutes of Health, offers a wide variety of free publications, education materials, and videos to help parents talk to their children about drug use: National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a Public Safety Alert warning Americans of the alarming increase in the lethality and availability of fake prescription pills containing fentanyl and methamphetamine: Drug Enforcement Administration
We ask that all students who see something say something. Safety and access to a trusted adult is a priority for us. Thank you for partnering with us to keep our students safe. Please call the Guidance Office at (909) 584-1405 if you have any questions.
Reuben Jones, Ed. D
Diamond Bar High School
Reuben Jones, Ed.D
Location: 21400 Pathfinder Road, Diamond Bar, CA, USA
Phone: (909) 594-1405