Globalization & Geography
6 Word Story
What is Globalization?
Pros on Globalization
- Globalization creates a worldwide market for companies and customers
- Allows companies to make a greater profit
- We can easily communicate all around the world
- Instant access to the information from anywhere in the world
- Better understanding of foreign values and attitudes
Cons on Globalization
- People from developing countries are losing their jobs and their rights as well
- There is so much more greed now than before
- Dangerous or violent ideals can spread faster leading to misconceptions, sometimes leading to misunderstanding between countries, leading to war
- It may also lead to loss of cultural diversity as Western ideas are imposed upon the Eastern thoughts
My Product: Xbox 360
Where it is manufactured and why?
Pearl Delta Region, Southern China
Cultivation map of China
Globalization promblems and solutions
Solution: Try to use the best possible parts when manufacturing the products because goods that have bad parts are sometimes proven to be faulty and might be called back to the market purposes.
Environmental problem: Manufacturing goods in factories could cause major pollution for the environment and could be very dangerous. Also when we ship our goods by plane which is almost as bad as factories polluting the air with the chemical substances by carrying large amounts of fossil fuels while transporting products.
Solution: For shipping, we could make it easier to transport our goods like with cargo ships instead of using a plane or a jet. For companies polluting the air, the factory could switch to a different planting process that doesn't use as harmful chemicals.
Technological problem: Since our would is starting to become more reliant on technology like smartphones. People today consider socializing as talking to someone through a screen. It's only good if you are talking to someone who is in a different country, not someone who is your next door neighbor.
Solution: People should spend less time in front of a screen and spending more time with people. Technological advancement has been majorly improved over the years and is used for both good and bad purposes.
Cultural problem: People who share different religions and having different types of views could possibly lead to wars like countries in the Middle-East.
Solution: We should stop the discrimination between one or another's views and come to peace with these terms.