Huntington High School Newsletter - March 2021
20-21 Lady Raiders
Congratulations to the Lady Raiders, Coaches and families on an incredible season! Our girls worked hard, and made it all the way to the championship game. We are so proud of their Class 4A State Runner-Up title.
| || |
We also want to congratulate our Raider Basketball team and Coaches for making it to second round playoffs. They played hard all season and we couldn’t be more proud!
20-21 Lady Raiders
Important Things to Remember:
- Seniors: Your FASFA must be completed ASAP in order to graduate. Please see Ms. Mays if you have not completed it.
- We are currently offering afterschool tutoring for the upcoming LEAP 2025 Testing in ELA, U.S. History and Biology. For ELA remediation, please get in touch with Mr. Anding. For U.S. History remediation, please see Ms. Hawthorne. For Biology remediation, please contact Mrs. Baylor-Nard, Coach Adams or Dr. McCarter. Tutoring will be offered on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 pm starting March 8th for ELA/U.S. History and Fridays from 11:00-1:00 pm for Biology.
- Anyone interested in becoming a Raider Cheerleader, please join us for JV/Varsity Cheerleading tryouts. Tryouts will be held March 22nd-26th.
- Yearbook pictures have been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 24th.
- Raider Court applications are now available in Ms. Deck's class, room 117. The applications are due by March 26th.
- Magnet applications can be picked up in the front office, and must be returned by March 31st.
Your Counselor's are here to help! Please click on the link for anything you may need assistance with.
Title I ACT Work Keys
Phone- (318) 364-5741
LEAP 2025: April 15th - May 14th
The testing window will NOT change. However, the specific dates listed below are subject to change, and will be updated as needed.
All Seniors and re-testers will start testing on April 15th and go through April 26th.
These dates are for Initial Testers:History: April 27th and April 28th
Biology: April 29th and April 30th
Geometry: May 3rd and May 4th
English II: May 5th and May 6th
Algebra I: May 7th and May 10th
English I: May 11th and May 12th
Huntington High School 2021 Graduation
Tuesday, May 25th, 8am
3301 Pershing Boulevard
Huntington High School
The mission of Huntington High School is to build and nurture a community of leaders, who respect differences, value academics and strive for person excellence.
"Committed to Excellence"
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela