Fifth Grade News
A Look Ahead
- October 20th: Fall Festival (6:00 p.m.)
- October 25th: Parent Teacher Conferences (4:00-8:00 p.m.)
- October 26th: Parent Teacher Conferences (4:00-7:30 p.m.)
- October 28th: No School
- October 31st: No School
- November 2nd: Walk to School Day
- November 4th: Field Trip to Arrowhead
We will be starting our unit on non-fiction. We will be using non-fiction text features to help us understand the text better. We will also be talking about research writing.
In math this week, we will continue to work on multiplying and dividing larger numbers. We will also be learning about the order of operations.
Science & Social Studies
This week we will be talking about matter. We will do a small inquiry to help us understand what matter is. In social studies, we are learning about the causes of the Civil War.
Go to www.spellingcity.com and search your teacher's name for extra practice online.