By Justin Grothe and Ben Johnson
We predicted that the black water will heat up more than the blue water because the black water is a darker color than the blue water.
- Step 1: Fill both plastic cups with water.
- Step 2: Add two to three drops of black and blue food coloring.
- Step 3: Put the lids on the cups.
- Step 4: Put both cups under the light.
- Step 5: Record every five minutes.
Correct Or Incorrect?
Our prediction was right! The black water was heated up more than the blue water. The temperature for the black water was 54°C, and the blue water was 52°C.
What We Learned
We learned that the black water will heat up more than the blue water because dark colors absorb heat faster than light colors.