Professional Development Day -- May 27, 2016
Overview of the Learning Intentions . . .
This is what you will find in this Smore.
1. Overview of District's Literacy Plan with Structured Independent Reading as the focus
2. AISD's New Curriculum Documents and Details/Training for Accessing Them
3. EOY SSiS completion (Classroom teachers only must complete this)
4. Required Training on Suicide Prevention and Mental Health
This short article "Teachers are Learning Designers" is to help set the stage for our learning.
New AISD Curriculum Guides Overview
Also take a quick look at the set up of the YPG (Yearly Planning Guide) and SPG (Student Performance Guide) for students. The samples provided are 8th grade, but they give you an idea for set up and overview.
Next Steps Are to Take a Look at a Sample 5th Grade ELA Lesson
Review, Reflect, and Respond
Link Here: https://padlet.com/drurobinett/389vwfeki5ok
Be Sure to Include Your Name on the Top of Your Response
Austin ISD Literacy Plan
The Literacy Plan Provides that the Three Main Literacy Strategies (Directly Above) are Included Throughout Literacy Lessons. Please review the link/material here to learn more about the plan.
Literacy Design Team/Strategies in Action
Structured Independent Reading
The literacy plan focuses on strengthening TIER one, (Core instruction) with support of RtI, 504 and Special Ed services.
Please read the following articles and take note on how this information can help you prepare to implement the district's initiative of structured independent reading next school year. This will be for all teachers including those that are not LA teachers.
Summer Book Dive
Click on this link and you will find a list of summer reading recommendations by grade level that you can share with your students' parents as well.
Suicide Prevention Required Training (1.5 hours)
End Of Year SSiS
Please complete your SSiS for every student in your class. You need to complete this assessment with the original form that we started with in October.
Directions for completing EOY SSiS
1) Rate students in all four domains using the same SSiS protocol
2) Use a different colored pen/marker than that used at BOY
3) Go into CST and enter SSiS EOY data into original RBP by adding EOY dates for all four domains for the student(s).
4) Turn in your completed original SSiS rating form to the office on Tuesday when you return indicating that all SSiS data were noted on the form and also entered into CST. We will keep all forms in the office in the front of each grade level's cum folders.
Reflection Form-May 27th, 2016 Staff Development
Now that you have completed reading, reflecting upon, and/or responding to each of the sections, you must complete the reflection form. You can get to the reflection form by logging into your AISD google account and clicking on the link below. Once you complete this form and submit it, I will not be looking for you on May 27th. Forms can be received by Monday May 30th.
Thank you for being outstanding educators and for allowing me to work alongside you and learn from you! Have a great weekend!