For the parents and patrons of the Fulton School District
June 2, 2017
A message from the Superintendent
Dear Parents and Patrons,
The Senior Class of 2017 graduated May 19th with a bit of additional drama due to the storm passing through Fulton that evening. We found that cell phone technology provided adequate lighting in Champ Auditorium for most to see with minimal safety concern. However, all attendees were glad when electricity, meaning air conditioning, was restored to the auditorium. The traditional hat toss was held in the auditorium rather than outside which was a bit different, but our class traditions were maintained and memorialized in photos. From my perspective as an Administrator and parent, I was relieved after graduation activities when no accidents involving our graduates were noted in the local media! Best wishes to the Class of 2017 as they start their next journey.
As you review remaining sections of this Focus you will note several items in preparation for the upcoming school year. Perhaps the most predominate newsworthy event is the eclipse. Assuming appropriate weather conditions, there will be a weather balloon launch from the FHS Athletic Field which is to provide a view of the eclipse via internet connection. Later this month, we are finalizing activities for involvement by FHS students and connectivity for all FPS classrooms. In addition to this opportunity, Red Cross Pharmacy is providing 2500 pair of viewing glasses for Fulton students. We are optimistic Fulton students will be having a great eclipse experience on August 21st!
As the summer progresses and your students get bored, keep in mind the local library has several activities. Reading is always a good way to help kids maintain a sharp mind!
Thank for sending us great students to work with. Best wishes for a positive summer break!
Jacque A. Cowherd, Ed.D.
2017-2022 Strategic Plan
Committees were formed in the following areas:
Facilities and Infrastructure
Leaders and Teachers
A draft copy of the 2017-2022 Strategic Plan is included here for your perusal. The Citizens Advisory Committee will review the plan on June 8. On June 14, at the Board of Education Meeting, the Board of Education will have opportunity to approve the plan.
The Eclipse is COMING to Fulton!
On May 18, Dr. Kennon and Dr. Carroll tested part of their equipment to ensure internet and electrical access. They were pleased with our school location to both launch the balloon(s) as well as view the eclipse. Dr. Kennon and Dr. Carroll plan to return to Fulton later this month to do a launch test flight in preparation for August 21.
Red Cross Pharmacy has generously donated enough pairs of viewing glasses to accommodate ALL FPS students and staff so everyone can view the eclipse safely. FPS is very thankful for their kind and generous donation!
More information will follow. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact FPS.
FPS Coaching Needs
Coaching Opportunities 2017-2018
The Hornets are looking for several qualified individuals to coach next school year in the following sports:
H.S. Assistant Coach
M.S. Head Coach
M.S. Assistant Coach
H.S. Head Coach
9th Grade Girls Coach
H.S. Assistant Coach
M.S. Assistant Coach
H.S. 9th Grade Coach
H.S. Assistant Coach
Interested individuals must have earned a minimum of 60 college credit hours, possess a teaching certificate or substitute teaching certificate and have a basic knowledge of the sport.
Please contact Ryan Waters, Activities Director firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-590-8116 if you
FPS Summer Camps
These are the camps scheduled through July 30th.
Band: Band Director: Kelly Neudecker email@example.com
● Band Camp- June 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th, 3-5pm
● Band Camp- July 17th-28th, 8am-3pm
Football: Head Coach: Blake Logan- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Testing- May 30th thru June 2nd, 3:30-6pm
● Installation Camp- June 5th thru June 9th, 4-7:30pm
● Weights- Every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday June 12th thru June 29th and July 6th & 7th, 9am-11am in High School Weight Room
● Open Field- June 14th, 5-7pm
● 7 on 7 Tournament- 11-4pm @ St. Dominic High School
● 7 on 7 Open Field- June 21st & June 28th, 5-7pm
● Camp- July 10th thru July 14th, July 17th thru July 21st, 7:30-10am
Softball: Head Coach: Laura Dooley-Wilder- email@example.com
● Open Field- Every Thursday starting May 25th, 5-7pm
● Middle School Camp- May 30th thru June 2nd, 3-5pm
● High School Camp- May 30th thru June 2nd, 5-7pm
Volleyball: Head Coach: Hannah Oestreich- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Open Gym- Every Thursday starting June 8th, 3-4:30pm @ FHS
● Open Gym- Every Monday starting June 12th, 6-7:30am @ FHS (except 6/22)
● Elementary Camp- June 5th-7th, 4:30-5:30pm
● Middle School Camp- June 5th-7th, 5:30-6:30pm
● High School Camp- June 5th-7th, 3-4:30pm
● Westminster Satellite Camp- July 10th-12th, 9-11am
Boys Soccer: Head Coach: Joel Henley- email@example.com
● Open Field- Tuesday & Thursday’s May 23rd-July 13th (except June 4th), 1-3pm
● Camp- July 17th thru July 21st, 7-10am
Cross Country: Head Coach: George Yates- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Mini Camp- June 6th @ Fulton 6:30-9pm
● Mini Camp- June 8th @ Mexico 6:30-9pm
● Group Run- Every Tuesday & Thursday June 13th thru July 6th from 6-7:30am
● Colorado Camp- July 2nd-July 9th
● Retreat- July 15th-16th
● SWMO Camp- July 17th-21st
● Red, White & Green Estates 5k- July 7th in Mexico
● Group Run- July 10th-14th, 17th-20th, 6-7:30am
Girls Basketball: Head Coach: email@example.com
● Elementary Camp- July 17th thru July 20th, 3-5pm @ FMS Pole Barn
Boys Basketball: Head Coach: Justin Gilmore- firstname.lastname@example.org
● Open Gym- June 15th, 26th, 29th, 5-7pm @ the High School
● WWU Camp- June 19th thru June 24th from 3-9pm @ the High School
● Boonville Scrimmage- June 27th, time TBD @ Boonville High School
Baseball: Head Coach: John Brinkmann- email@example.com
● Open Field- Monday & Wednesday in June (12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th),
● Open Cage- Sundays starting June 11th thru July 16th, 6-7pm
● Elementary Camp- July 10th thru 14th, 9-10:25am @ the High School
● Middle School Camp- July 10th thru 14th, 10:35am-12pm @ the High School
● Open Field- July 10th thru 14th, 12-1pm @ the High School (after
Elementary/Middle School camp)
(reminder: physicals are due BEFORE practices start)
High School Sports: begin July 31st (get with Coach for exact schedule)
● FHS Meet the Hornets- August 10th, 5:30pm-7:30pm in the High School Gym
Middle School Sports: begin August 14th (get with Coach for exact schedule)
● FMS Meet the Hornets- August 21st, 5:00pm in the Middle School Gym
August 16 - 1st Day of School for 2017-18