SAILING INTO SUMMER!!
What a great end to our school year. First and foremost, congratulations to all those seniors who worked so hard to earn the first of many important milestones. Pirate parents are the cornerstone of our success. Special thanks to all of you who have entrusted MHCHS with your student's education.
The excitement of a new year will soon take over. For now, we are concentrating on completing the many tasks associated with ending the school year. New students will register on June 3-5 and seniors can discuss their schedules on those dates as well. Schedule information will be addressed below. Ms. Meredith Kelley will assume the role of counselor at Massey Hill Classical High School for the school year 2019-2020. We are excited to welcome her aboard. She will begin her duties on August 1, 2019. Thanks to Ms. Anna Locklear for her four years and we wish her well as she progresses in her career.
The office will be open this summer with a reduced number of clerical staff. We will return to full staff on August 1, 2019. The following activities will not be addressed until that time:
2) School policy
3) Class additions (NCVPS) or FTCC
Ms. Locklear will not be able to address any concerns for NCVPS or FTCC this summer. All grades and class information will come to me (Dr. Adams-Watkins) as they do every summer.
ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF!!! FAMILY VACATIONS ARE ALWAYS A PLUS FOR ALL!!
REQUIRED SUMMER READING FOR ALL GRADES!!!
Here are the links to the AP assignments!
SUMMER CALENDAR OF EVENTS
3, 4, 5
SENIOR SCHEDULE MEETINGS
JUNE 10-AUGUST 8:
Schedules will not be available until after YET (Year-end transition). YET will happen at the end of June. The system will be offline for approximately 2 weeks. When it comes back online it will update to reflect 2019-2020. Schedules will be mailed out at that time. A schedule change form will be available for a two week period. No changes will be made until after August and not all changes will be made. As a small school, there are limited sections of courses.
There are no short cuts to this process. The process must be followed in this order or your requests will not be considered.
1. Complete the form sent by me (Dr. Adams-Watkins) in JULY
2. I will review the request (core courses only). This includes NCVPS, Teleconferencing and FTCC.
3. ATTACHED IS A NCVPS INTEREST FORM. COMPLETE THE FORM
4. I WILL SCHEDULE SENIORS ONLY IN JUNE FOR A CONFERENCE WITH ME.
5. If a change is made it will be reflected on your schedule. You will be able to access that in Power School in JULY/AUGUST. I will not start working on the changes until AUGUST.
6. THERE ARE NO MEETING DAYS WITH STUDENTS AND PARENTS REGARDING SCHEDULES IN JULY.
Your schedule will not be changed if the following applies to you:
1) You did not complete the registration. If after a month of daily reminders, posters, announcements and calls home you did not fill out a form, I completed your schedule as promised and it will NOT be changed.
2. STUDENT/PARENT request schedule change from counselor, office staff. (They do NOT change schedules)
3) Student needs a core course and does not want to take it.
4) Student wishes to skip a course and not follow the NC sequence of courses.
5) Student needs a course to graduate and they do not want to take it.
6) You want a "free" period as a FRESHMAN, SOPHOMORE, or JUNIOR.